Skip to content
Christmas
l8dsheena posted:
We put up our Christmas tree the other day, and all I could think about was how there was supposed to be an extra "baby's first Christmas" ornament hanging with the others. I was wondering if anyone else has Christmas ornaments for the babies they've lost?
Mother of 3 sons and one angel baby. Praying for another miracle!

shanastash responded:
we have an angel that we hang on our tree of our little angel, "Fishie". we got it at the Christmas Service that the hospital puts on for the families who have had a m/c or still births. it's to remember the little ones and how they are always around us and how they are forever in the embrace of God.
my husband doesn't like to talk about what happened, but he knows that i do. i respect him and he respects me. He always opens the angel from the tissue paper we keep it in. he holds in his hands for a moment and he hands it to me to hang up. this christmas will be the 3rd year of hanging the ornament up. i always take it down and he always wraps it up.
i have this Willowtree figureen of a pregnant woman that he got for me, that i keep up year round. it is to remind me, not of what happened, but of the presious time that i had with Fishie.
those are the only 2 things that i keep out for people to see, but ONLY me and my husband understand their meanings. to others, it's just another angel on a tree and just another figureen to go with the other "mom" related figureens that i have!
Shana-29, Darrin-31, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 DD 11.16.11 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg (when pg), baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... and PRAYERS!

shanastash responded:
the other part of my reply got cut off, i am sorry.

i am soo sorry that you have to go through this with it being christmas and all. my heart goes out to you and your family. {HUG} wishing you peace!
Shana-29, Darrin-31, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 DD 11.16.11 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg (when pg), baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... and PRAYERS!

l8dsheena replied to shanastash's response:
Thank you Shana...I have been so caught up in TTC again that I just forgot to remember. I've just started to realize that I need to include my son in my daily life, acknowledge him rather than try to replace him. Yes, it will be nice to be pregnant again, but celebrating his life is probably more important for me right now. keepsakes are a good idea, I've always loved the Willow Tree figurines. I always keep a medal around my neck of my son's patron saint, Anthony of Padua. I definitely need to look into finding him the perfect Christmas ornament and maybe make him a little stocking to hang next to his brothers' stockings.

teacherbeck responded:
(grad lurking...)
We have two
This one: http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Wings-Ornament-Babys-Christmas/sim/B008H78GN6/2 which it says its no longer available now, but wanted to include the picture. I found this one at a little Christmas shop and just loved it. Although I had to have DH buy it b/c I was crying.

I also found a clear plastic heart that is about 2.5 inches tall, cradled in the heart is a baby (I think its intended to be Jesus, but there is no writing or anything) We bought several of those and wrote "Jackson 8-06-09" with a sharpie on the outside of the bottom, and gave them to those closest to us that Christmas (he was due Dec 22).

I also have an angel figurine that a friend gave me, I really love it. Here's the picutre link: http://www.willowtreestore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=W26089&Category_Code=ornaments&Store_Code=WS
We have it sitting on DHs dresser next to a framed picture of Jackson's u/s. We keep that up all year, though. Although we have the statue, I put the link for the ornament in case you were interested. I didnt realize they even had it til I was googling the pict just now.
(((((hugs)))) Christmas was so very hard for me the year we lost our sweet firstborn. It hurts to even remember those feelings. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april'09 lost @20wks precious ^Jackson 8-06-09^ TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God! Baby 3 BFP May 2012 due Jan 2013

l8dsheena replied to teacherbeck's response:
I almost bought the willow tree ornament...It's very precious. It's a coincidence you posted on this thread because I just got the one I ordered in the mail today. it's on my facebook page if you want to see it:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3340822676631.158811.1150596843&type=1&l=cc4c78195b

Christmas is bad enough, I have no idea how I'm going to get through Mother's Day...I wonder if it'll get better in years to come, but every mother I talk to who went through this still get's misty eyed.
Thanks for sharing, TeacherBeck *hugs*

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kerry (34) DH (38) and I are TTC again after an ectopic pregnancy which was diagnosed in February. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago, when I was...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.