Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lovenox?
babyj1017 posted:
Hey Ladies,

I need some opinions. I had my final consultation with my OB today to go over my test results from the recurrent loss panel. Everything came back normal... he even said there wasn't anything that was even remotely questionable. So, that's good.

But, he did say when I get pregnant he wants to put me on progesterone, which I'm fine with. He also offered to put me on Lovenox. Said it was completely up to me and that it seems safe. The reason he offered was because every so often they discover another antibody that may contribute to recurrent miscarriages.

So, what would you do?
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

shanastash responded:
have to be on lovenox when i get preggers. because of it though, you need to be watched, not really sure why though! and so you get to see the baby LOTS and LOTS! if you don't like the shot idea, ask about low dose asprin?! ... i didn't see this til today, so how did your doc appointment go?!
Shana-29, Darrin-31, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 DD 11.16.11 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg (when pg), baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... and PRAYERS!

perry147 responded:
I was put on lovenox because my body considers the baby a foreign object and wants to reject it and the lovenox prevents that. I had 2 m/c with a heartbeat before the RE decided to try lovenox which worked the 3rd time I got preg. Now we're trying again and my RE will be doing the same thing when I get preg, my last preg ended in a d&c because I had a blighted ovum so the lovenox helped me stay preg but I only had a sac this time. I am already taking 4000mg of folic acid, baby aspirin and a prenatal vitamin with iron (I read low iron can cause m/c and I don't want to chance it). Hope this helps.
Me 43 DH 42 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D/C 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11, m/c4 2/12, m/c5 D/C2 10/12/12. Still hoping and trying.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been trying since July 2007. We got married that year in April. We were 29 at the time and both wanted to start a family. My hus...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.