Skip to content
ttc with 3 losses; clomid and trigger shot
misskatelyn19 posted:
I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and I am ttc. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past and I dont have any living children. Mu doctor wants me to start my cycle and take clomid and then trigger to release ovulation. I have been on metformin for about 2 weeks now and it isn't too bad, I have to just really watch what I eat. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo before? If there has been any success in the first month of this or no? I am just looking for some encouragement beucase of my previous losses I don't really know what to expect.
Thank you

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so sorry for all your losses. I can't imagine what you have went through with losing three. Sending you lots of hugs. I have taken Metformin for several years now trying to help with my cycles. I'm not insulin resistant, but the doctor wanted me to try it anyway. I have taken Clomid and done the trigger combo. I had trouble in the beginning with Clomid working for me. I had to take the highest dose for it to work. For some Clomid works great. It just depends on the person. Clomid wasn't successful for me, but as I said I really didn't respond to the Clomid well and my dh has some sperm issues that makes it even harder for us to conceive. I hope you decide to stay with us during all of this, it makes it much easier to get through with all the support here.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

misskatelyn19 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thank you so much for your response. Yes it has been a very rough time with everything and my three losses. I just feel so helpless with the whole thing. I am only 25 and my Husband is perfect, nothing is wrong at all. I just see so many women my age on FB just getting pregnant and being fine. I hope that I respond well to the Clomid cause it is one of our last hopes I think. Has the Metformin help with your cycles? I am on CD 56 and still nothing for ovulation. It sucks!

babyj1017 responded:
Hi MissKatelyn,

I don't have any experience with the regimen your doctor has prescribed, but I wanted to extend my condolences for your losses and also welcome you to the community.

As Pray said, I hope you stick around on this board throughout your journey. It's a great sounding board and a wonderful place for support and encouragement.

Good luck to you, I hope this new treatment works for you!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 21 and my husband is 25.We've been TTC since march of 2010.We've experienced 2 losses.Our first was our son caine born still at 21wks ...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.