Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ttc with 3 losses; clomid and trigger shot
misskatelyn19 posted:
I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and I am ttc. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past and I dont have any living children. Mu doctor wants me to start my cycle and take clomid and then trigger to release ovulation. I have been on metformin for about 2 weeks now and it isn't too bad, I have to just really watch what I eat. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo before? If there has been any success in the first month of this or no? I am just looking for some encouragement beucase of my previous losses I don't really know what to expect.
Thank you

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so sorry for all your losses. I can't imagine what you have went through with losing three. Sending you lots of hugs. I have taken Metformin for several years now trying to help with my cycles. I'm not insulin resistant, but the doctor wanted me to try it anyway. I have taken Clomid and done the trigger combo. I had trouble in the beginning with Clomid working for me. I had to take the highest dose for it to work. For some Clomid works great. It just depends on the person. Clomid wasn't successful for me, but as I said I really didn't respond to the Clomid well and my dh has some sperm issues that makes it even harder for us to conceive. I hope you decide to stay with us during all of this, it makes it much easier to get through with all the support here.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

misskatelyn19 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thank you so much for your response. Yes it has been a very rough time with everything and my three losses. I just feel so helpless with the whole thing. I am only 25 and my Husband is perfect, nothing is wrong at all. I just see so many women my age on FB just getting pregnant and being fine. I hope that I respond well to the Clomid cause it is one of our last hopes I think. Has the Metformin help with your cycles? I am on CD 56 and still nothing for ovulation. It sucks!

babyj1017 responded:
Hi MissKatelyn,

I don't have any experience with the regimen your doctor has prescribed, but I wanted to extend my condolences for your losses and also welcome you to the community.

As Pray said, I hope you stick around on this board throughout your journey. It's a great sounding board and a wonderful place for support and encouragement.

Good luck to you, I hope this new treatment works for you!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Discovered we were expecting shortly after my birthday. What a pleasant surprise. This was the first time ever, we were sooo excited! We almost made t...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful