Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Restless.
Cjhulett posted:
Hi!
I am Charlotte.
I see you have a little community here, I think that's wonderful, and something I could really use. I am 20, and I had a miscarriage in August, I was 14 weeks, so it was very hard for me. Then in September we began to try again. Since then I have had irregular periods, and I went through a phase where I believed I was pregnant for 2 months, and refused to take a test. (Needless to say I wasn't ready yet) I have been doing a lot better since then, but now it's been so long and we are wondering if there is anything wrong. Of course being so young my doctor told me not to worry until a year has passed, but I don't see why I shouldn't be proactive about this instead of worrying until September rolls around again. Well thanks for reading this, and is there anything you know that I should try in regards to getting a regular period again?

Take the Poll

s
vote
View Poll Results

l8dsheena responded:
Hi Charlotte, I am very sorry you lost a little one. Being part of a community of women who have been through and understand what you're going through is a big help in healing the soul.
In regards to your question, it really depends on the person...pregnancy kinda screws up my cycle too, reagardless of weather or not I had a miscarriage. In my case, eating healthy helped my body get back to the way it was. I also really like this tea:
http://www.babyhopes.com/fertility-tea.html
as well as a few other items on this web site.

Be well, Charlotte!
~Katie
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

babyj1017 responded:
Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to the community! I am sorry for your loss, but as Katie said, this is a great place to find comfort and support.

Were your periods regular prior to your pregnancy? Pregnancy can really screw up your cycles and it can take a while to get back on track.

You are very young, and it really hasn't been that long that you've been trying. But, I don't think it would hurt to at least have the conversation with your doctor about looking into possible reasons for infertility or conceiving. Get his opinion and go from there.

Good luck to you!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm glad you came across our board. It has been a lifesaver to me and hope we can be a source of support and help to you as well. I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Cjhulett replied to prayforamiracle's response:

Hi everyone.
Thank you all for welcoming me, and supportive. It makes me feel a lot better just to talk about it. I bought some of that tea! And I have been eating healthier. My periods would skip once in an odd while but never anything to be worried about. I did go see my doctor though! I went and talked to my doctor yesterday, had a blood test and an ultrasound and I found out I have hypothyroidism, and with treatment I will more than likely return to normal! But the ultrasound results weren't in yet. So that is awesome.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I'm Kit. My husband and I have been TTC since 3/2008, due to stage II endometriosis. I was diagnosed and treated in 12/2009 and we got our ...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.