Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates 02/18/2013
ani05 posted:
Good Morning Ladies!

My update:CD# 15, no ovulation yet. Hope to ovulate soon but with my irregular cycles I have no idea when it will happen.
Have a great week ladies!
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

perry147 responded:
Ani- Sending you tons of O vibes. How are you feeling? I hope everybody over being sick.

My update- CD# 21 I'm in my second week of my 2ww. It just seems to be dragging along very slowly.

Hopefully Pray and Vicki will check in this week with everybody else!!

Hope everybody has a great week.
Me 44 DH 42 DS 9/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D/C 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11, m/c4 2/12, m/c5 D/C2 10/12/12. Currently trying Follistem and Menopur.

l8dsheena responded:
O vibes Ani, I pray that you may have good news this cycle.

Perry, only a few days away until you can test, fingers crossed for a BFP

I'm on cd# 16, and I can feel ovulation coming on. I talked to my doctor today and he gave me a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist up in Portland for my husband. He has been seeing a urologist, but the doc suggested the RE would be more helpful in getting things on track.

big hugs and good luck to everyone
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

perry147 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Katie- Hope you O quick and strong!!!! Hope the RE can give you more solutions or options. KUP.

Thanks for the luck I need it!!!! I'm trying to stay busy but it's easier said than done. It doesn't help that my 2 year old is officially in the terrible twos, I know it's temporary but between worrying and waiting it doesn't make it easier.
Me 44 DH 42 DS 9/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D/C 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11, m/c4 2/12, m/c5 D/C2 10/12/12. Currently trying Follistem and Menopur.

ani05 responded:
perry: we are feeling much better,thanks a lot for asking.I really hope time goes by fast so you can test and hopefully get a BFP. Keeping you in my prayers.

Katie: Sending you tons of O vibes and hopefully the RE will be more helpful.
Good Luck to all you ladies this cycle!
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

shanastash responded:
a day late on update, i forgot yesterday was monday! hehe!
i am on CD#5 and we are gonna try something new this time around. we are gonna do every other day until a couple of days after i am done showing signs of O-tion. we have been just waiting for signs of O, also using OPK, which never show an actual DARKER line, so i never actually KNOW for sure or not!, and then start trying.
talked to the hubs and he said he'd "be willing to try it" -ha!- so, we are gonna start today... i had a friend get preggo the day after she got done with her AF, so, that's what we are gonna do.
anyone have any ideas on what else to do?!

also, question/comment/concern: my husband has started using a laptop for more than 2 hours a day and rests it on his lap/junk, could he be killing his little swimmers?!
Shana-29, Darrin-31, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 DD 11.16.10 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg (when pg), baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... and PRAYERS!

babyj1017 replied to shanastash's response:
Ani - O vibes. Lots and lots and lots of them. Glad everyone is feeling better as well.

Perry - fingers are crossed... sending you patience vibes, as well. 2ww is pretty close to torture. Good Luck... I still have a good feeling about you!

Katie - More O vibes and strong swimmer vibes to you. Good luck momma!

Shana - good luck with the new plan. I think we're going to try the same thing.... We're also on almost the same cycles... I'm on CD#6. I'm not sure about the laptop, I've read stories about the heat possibly having a negative effect, just not sure how much it's based in science vs old wive's tale.

My update: CD#6... Stupid AF missed her flight to Siberia last week. She's rescheduled for take off on March 14th lol. Not a whole lot to report. Like Shana, we are trying an every-other-day BD routine starting tonight. Will move to daily on CD12-15.
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

l8dsheena replied to shanastash's response:
Shana, my doctor has told me, and I've heard from many sources, that a laptop on a guy's lap isn't good for his swimmers. it all has to do with the heat....just like the whole hot tub thing. I'm not sure if 2 hours is enough time to be harmful though, you'll have to ask a doctor. Also, make sure he doesn't keep a cell phone in his pocket...or yours for that matter
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.

l8dsheena replied to babyj1017's response:
I almost forgot...Jenny and shana, lots of O-vibes!! wouldn't that be awesome if you both got a BFP at the same time?

perry147 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Shana- What kind of opk do you use? My RE said to use only clear blue digital, it worked for me like 5 times to get pregnant. It's not as fun as your way but it might help. GL bedding, have fun trying!!! I also heard the same thing Katie did about laptops. Why take a chance, my DH uses a lap desk for his laptop.

Jenny- Thanks for the positive thoughts, I so hope your right. I'm trying to stay positive but it isn't always easy. Sorry AF missed her flight I think we have to take her to the airport ourselves and duck tape her to the seat so we know she will stay put!!!!!

Sending both of you positive and strong O vibes!!!!!!!

l8dsheena replied to perry147's response:
Speaking of weird OPKs...I use the Wondofo brand that you dip into a cup. The trick is to read them BEFORE 5 minutes so you don't get a false positive. well, I read mine wrong, and I thought I had ovulated on the 18th. I always test until my cervix closes (sorry if tmi), and when I tested today it was positive. So much for "saving up" for 5 days ;-p. This has been an odd cycle anyway...oh well...at least we didn't miss it completely, that's happened before...

vybe77 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Hello ladies
Although I am very late for my update and although I never plan on leaving one, seeing Perry ask for me by name is a strong pull lol..I can't help but stop by hihi
To make this shorter than my usual I will send O vibes, O signs vibes, fingers crossed, baby dust and prayers to all you ladies..
I will take the time to say..
Perry- I hope this one is it..I also feel like there's something positive coming for this board and it feels right when I think of you getting a BFP..I am so hoping to read this from you next week
My update: CD13 today and although I am not TTC anymore Chris and I have been discussing me getting my tubes tied lately and from the both of us we have felt like we're not quite ready for that final chapter yet...so who knows right?
Have a good weekend ladies
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

perry147 replied to vybe77's response:
Vicki- So glad to hear from you. Well you never know if you and Chris are talking again why not keep trying. Don't do something that you might be sorry about later. I'm going through all this because 10 years from now when I look back I don't want to have any regrets. And if my son asks why he doesn't have a sibling at least I can say I honestly tried.
How is your daycare going? Did you end up allowing that lady to bring back her child or have you been able to get more kids to sign up? It sounded like such a good beginning for a reality show. haha. maybe called Psycho Parents in Daycare.

Has anybody heard from Pray?

Katie- GL I tried the cheap OPK in the beginning because I was hoping to find a cheaper one than CB so I tried them together and it did make a difference. So I just stayed with the CB. The good thing now with the meds is that I don't need to worry about having to test anymore. I do the shots for about 8 days then the hcg shot which makes you O in 12-36 hours. Makes it kind of idiot proof you would think but it still doesn't seem to work every time for me. Oh well!

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Allison (30) DH (32) / TTC#1 since 2005 / one angel 2.8.10 / https://allisons-adventure.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.