Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates 02/25
ani05 posted:
Good Morning Ladies!
Sorry I haven't been around much,these last 6 days I have been really sick. I got E.Coli from a steak.It's kind of ironic really b/c I always ask for my steak to be well done and this time they didn't but I decided not to be so picky so I ate it anyway.I was thinking DH likes his steaks medium rare and he has never gotten sick.I guess I learned my lesson.I feel better today so I am happy, at least I can keep some food down.

CD: 22,I am in the 2ww,I ovulated last thursday.Even though I was pretty sick we still managed to BD every other day.I was determined I guess.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

l8dsheena responded:
Wow...I'm sorry you got sick Ani. to BD even though you're pretty sick, I don't think I could have done that! I hope your perseverance pays off! GL, and I hope your 2WW flies by.

I'm on cd #23. I read my test wrong and thought I ovulated last monday, but then it turns out it was wednesday. So, this probably won't be my month, unless DH had some really strong swimmers this time. I'm not PMSing like I usually do, and I don't know if its because I'm pregnant, I can smell spring getting closer and closer, or the fact that DH just bought me a new dining room set to teach the kids on :-}

I hope you feel better Ani....make it a good week everyone!
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

ani05 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Katie: Hopefully you ovulated wednesday and you'll get some great news.You never know with OPKs. I dont use OPKs anymore,I have pretty strong ovulation symptoms before and during ovulation and that's how I know.It has worked b/c that's how I got pregnant the last time.
Regarding my BDing during my sick days,it's kind of funny really.There was time periods when I would feel better usually in the middle of the night and I was like:Honey,wake up.I feel better,time to BD.LOL. Hopefully this is it for me.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

perry147 replied to ani05's response:
Ani- I'm sorry you had e-coli, it's not pleasant. Did your DH roll his eyes because that's what mine does when I'm sick and still want to try. Cute new picture by the way. Looks like a sweet dog.

Katie- Hopefully your DH swimmers are strong and lasts long enough for you.

Hope both of your 2ww goes by quickly with positive results!!!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you both.

My update- Well AF showed up Friday but left Sunday morning so it's CD#4 today for me. I went this morning for my u/s to try again but I have 2 very large cysts so I'm going to have to skip this cycle with the meds. I guess this cycle will just be the old fashioned way. haha

Hope everybody has a great calming week!
Me 44 DH 42 DS 9/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D/C 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11, m/c4 2/12, m/c5 D/C2 10/12/12. Currently trying Follistem and Menopur.

l8dsheena replied to perry147's response:
That sucks your Ultrasound didn't go well...what's caused the cysts? Are you going to have to have them removed?

Ani, that's too funny! I tried that once...he kinda went back to sleep, haha!
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.

perry147 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Katie, the nurse said that probably something tried to happen last month but didn't, because I had a very good response to the meds that's why the larger than normal cysts. The only good thing is that this can happen to a lot of women who do med cycles and the cysts go away for next month. It did happen to me 2 cycles ago and everything went back to normal for the next cycle. The nurse said anything over 2cm in size is too big to do a med cycle and I had 2 over 3cm. I don't have to have them removed.
Me 44 DH 42 DS 9/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D/C 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11, m/c4 2/12, m/c5 D/C2 10/12/12. Currently trying Follistem and Menopur.

ani05 responded:
perry147: So sorry about the cysts but at least you know that the meds worked. Maybe you'll get a BFP without the meds this cycle.
That's our dog in the picture,3 yr old great pyreness. He loves my daughter's toys,when I took that picture he was trying to sleep on top of her horse. We adopted him after my 1st m/c and he has been a great addition to our family.He is the sweetest dog ever.

babyj1017 replied to ani05's response:
Hey Ladies! Sorry for my lateness!

Ani - sorry about the e-coli. That sounds awful. Hope your 2ww goes quickly. Praying for a BFP for you!

Katie -crossing my fingers for you, too!

Perry - sorry to hear about the cysts. Hopefully you'll get lucky without the meds this cycle.

My update: CD#13. Fertile period. My plan was to BD on CDs 12-15. However, flippin DH has a cold so last night was a no-go. He's a big damn baby when he's sick, so I doubt he'll feel up for it tonight either. I'm trying real hard not to be completely pissed at him, but I'm not having much success. I know he can help it, but, man up! It's a cold, no e-coli!

Ugh. I hate this. He was sick at this exact same time last month too. Coincidence? Or is this my sign to give it up? I'm having a really hard time getting him engaged in this whole TTC ordeal. He's so laid back about it, takes the mindset that it'll happen when it happens. Can't understand that there is no chance of me getting into that mindset.

We had a big argument over it last month. I told him that I needed him to help me, to take an interest and pay attention to dates and understand when it's important to BD. I told him I feel like I'm on my own, that I pretty much went through two m/c on my own and now I have very little support with TTC. It's too big of a burden to take on by myself, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with it now. He promised he would. But he's not. He's just as oblivious as ever and it's driving me insane. I can almost guarantee we'll have a nice big fight again. He'll come home andwonder why I'm upset and quiet, which will tick me off even more because he just doesn't get it.

Sorry for the long-winded pity party. I'm angry at the world today.
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

l8dsheena replied to babyj1017's response:
Jenny that sucks....I wish you didn't have to go through it without your DH. Men can't truly understand the emotional pain, even if they really try. And each one is different. Mine really wanted to move forward really fast, putting our loss behind us, but what I really needed was a mourning period. There are still times when I feel that it's not fair that everone else, including DH, seems to have forgotten about my little sweetheart. It's times like those when I want to park myself in my little art studio/corner, get lost in a giant sheet of charcoal paper, and turn up the Rammstein. But ultimately the only thing that makes me feel better is talking with DH.

I hope you can come to a mutual understanding. Hang in there, and if you want to rant here..well, I'm here to listen!
(((HUGS))))

vybe77 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Hello ladies!!
I hope everyone is having a good beginning of week so far...
Jenny- I'm so sorry that you have to go through this with your DH..there ain't nothing worse than feeling like he's not on board when you are TTC..I went through the same with Chris back when we were actively trying and I couldn't stand it when he said no to BD...I mean there are only a few specific days a month a woman is really fertile and those were the only days I would ask him to be on his game but sometimes things happened which made him too tired or just not in the mood and this would change my mood drastically and we would also fight because of it...all in all though the fighting and getting wound up about it wasn't helping anything so I decided to sit with him again and let him know how everything felt and and what it entailed to be TTC..the charts, the temps, the O signs, the CD's the OPK's...when he saw it through my eyes he understood a little better but still he told me that even though he was totally on board to conceive that it was impossible for him to be ready for it whenever I snapped my fingers (literally speaking)..so I learned to understand a little more that taking things easy can also help..after all I tend to get pregnant easier when I'm not trying...did so for all my kiddos so there is something to be said about BD just to have fun
I hope you and your hubby find common ground about this...I also hope you get enough BD in this cycle..baby dust and ((hugs))
Perry- Sorry AF showed herself and I'm sorry that you can't do a medicated cycle this time around..who knows though maybe 'tis the month for natural conception..I will hope so for you ((hugs))
Katie- Here's hoping everything fell into place for you this cycle and that you'll be greeted by positive news soon...baby dust
Ani- So sorry you were sick..I also like all my meats well done and now that I read your awful outcome I will make sure to only eat well done meats...I do applaud your fabulous BD efforts though and I'm crossing it all in hopes that you get rewarded this cycle..wouldn't it be just amazing to have conceived though all that sickness..it would be a nice silver lining
My update: CD17 today..this is usually my O day but I weirdly am not feeling it this cycle..Chris and I openly tried this month, well we BD knowing it was dangerous time so who knows...we BD on CD's 14 and 15 so far..we missed 16 yesterday but will try again for today...after BD on day 15 I spotted until today..it was red but only when I wiped (sorry TMI) just to say though that it could have been O spotting but it seemed too red and too much for that..except that IDK when else I would be O so IDK...
Like I said we're not trying but we're not not trying either so whatever happens...
Have a good week ladies
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

shanastash replied to babyj1017's response:
for the hubbys who aren't as on board as we think they SHOULD be, since WE ARE!.... i "sext" with my hubby on those days! ha! not pictures, just dirty things! hehe! i can't be sure i am gonna be all turned on and stuff to get him going and on board, so i just do that by sexting, i don't REALLY have to give it 100% but it does the job! just a thought! hehe!
Shana-29, Darrin-31, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 DD 11.16.10 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg (when pg), baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... and PRAYERS!

vybe77 replied to shanastash's response:
Shana on those rare nights where Chris just does not want to, nothing I do would change his mind..I've accepted that there are times when I must respect that he needs some down time... anyhow he's been a whole lot better at "performing on demand" when he doesn't know we're trying or when we actually aren't... back in Sept. we weren't trying but I knew which CD we were on so I planned some strategic BD on certain days and just crossed my fingers..I mean I know he's on board for having another LO so as long as he's not getting stressed about it the better it is for us...and wouldn't you know it I ended up conceiving...now if only I could bake 'til done!
I also wanted to report that Chris and I did indeed get that BD on for CD17 so now we wait..
Am not feeling too good right now..had trouble ending the day with the daycare, upset tummy and got sick from both ends
Sorry TMI..
I'm pretty sure I've been feeling O cramps starting last night and some today..fingers crossed that we got her
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

babyj1017 replied to vybe77's response:
Katie, thank you so much for listening. Knowing I'm not the only one facing this is good therapy. It's very true that men don't quite understand, to at least they process and express it differently. I too feel like most everyone just hit the fast forward button on me after my second loss.

Vybe- thank you for the perspective. I definitely don't consider his needs, at least not lately when it comes to TTC.

Shana - sexting... My dh would be totally blown away if I did that. Lol. But, you've given me an idea to try to spice things up. I think this bding on a schedule is taking the fun out of it for my dh. So, I.m going to suggest we take a shower together (sorry if tmi). It's something we rarely do, there's a 15 inch height differen between us, so it's a challenge .

Thanks again ladies, for helping to lift my spirits!!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

l8dsheena replied to babyj1017's response:
That visual made me laugh!! AND, I know what you mean, my DH is 13" taller than I....just....five...more...inches would do the trick, lol!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kerry (34) DH (38) and I are TTC again after an ectopic pregnancy which was diagnosed in February. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago, when I was...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.