Skip to content
Trying again
Lisa_stone_1995 posted:
Hello- I've only gotten pg through the miracle of ART. I've been pg three times. Have birthed once. (First pg) Hopping back on the infertility train - and a bit concerned about another m/c. Last one was sept 2010, haven't tried to get pg since. Just popping in to read how others cope.

babyj1017 responded:
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to our little group. It truly is a wonderful place with some incredible women. I hope you'll find it very supportive and helpful. I know I have!

So, what is ART? Never heard of that one before.

Again, welcome. It's always nice to have a new "face" around.
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

ani05 responded:
Welcome! So sorry for you losses.I also have been pregnant 3 times and my only surviving child is from my first pregnancy.
I really hope your ttc journey is short this time around and hopefully you'll have happy and healthy 9 months of pregnancy.
Good Luck!
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board. I hope your stay is short and sweet and you will be blessed with a healthy pregnancy in the very near future.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Lisa_stone_1995 responded:
Hi- thank you for the welcome. ART =advanced reproductive technology.

Lisa_stone_1995 replied to ani05's response:
Thank you!

Lisa_stone_1995 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Looks like you're on the ART roller coaster too. I hope your IUI's lead to a BFP soon!!

vybe77 replied to Lisa_stone_1995's response:
Hello and welcome Lisa
You indeed have dropped upon an amazing group of women and will have all the support you need whether it be emotional or other..I am also sorry for the losses you have been through, those are never fun or easy...I myself have been through more losses than I care to remember..some as a late teen and now some for the past few years..I am a mom to 3 healthy, beautiful kids already but we've wanted to add just one more..my last loss was this past Hallowe'en with 2 other losses prior to this all in the space of roughly 18 months..
So trust me when I say all the ladies here know where you're coming from and will no doubt have great advice and comforting words..
I hope you get lucky fast and that your stay here will be short, but most importantly I hope you have a sticky bean and a H&H 9 months
xoxo
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

Lisa_stone_1995 replied to vybe77's response:
Thanks for the welcome. My heart goes out to all of you- knowing how hard it is to keep a positive outlook. I do, think I will get pg again. I just wonder if it will stick. And if it appears to stick, how long do I wait to tell anyone? No one in our family knows we are trying again. I start my IVF cycle this Friday... If all goes as intended, I will have embryo transferred mid-April. Fx!

l8dsheena replied to Lisa_stone_1995's response:
Good luck with everything lisa...I've never had a PAL, so I don't knowwhat to tell you about how long to wait to tell everyone. One friend I have waited until she was 3 months along to tell anyone (coincidentally a few days before I found out I had a missed mc). Another friend told everyone right away so they could all pray for the heath and safety of them both.

I'm not sure which one I'd do....I'd probably end up being a stubborn fool and keep it to myself until I started showing, lol. Regardless, it's a dilema I wouldn't mind facing.
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

babyj1017 replied to Lisa_stone_1995's response:
Lisa - as far as how long to wait to announce.... it's really up to you. With my first two pregnancies and my first m/c we announced pretty much right away. I really didn't have any clue how common m/c's were then (and oh how I miss that blissfull ignorance). With my second m/c we waited until I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks that showed a heartbeat. I wanted to wait a little longer but my DH was chomping at the bit, so I caved.

That said, I've come to find through my losses that, when it comes to grief and loss, I am a very private person and do not like to share my grief with many people. So, next time around I am hoping to wait until about 15-20 weeks.

Good luck with the IVF. Fingers and toes are crossed!!
Jenny (31), DH (34), DD (7/2006), DS (6/2008), m/c (6/2012), m/c (9/2012)

Lisa_stone_1995 replied to babyj1017's response:
Thanks. I'm obviously putting the cart before the horse thinking of when to tell people. I know that I also like the privacy in grieving, and would probably be happier waiting longer to tell people, just in case.

Started shots tonight- a month from now an embryo will be transferred. So hard to believe its right around the corner.

Thank you all for the well wishes!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 39 and my DH is 39. We've been married for 6 years. We started TTC in Jan 2007. Our only pregnancy ended with the birth of Mayah Joy, on 1...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.