Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The difference a week makes
michelleloehr2 posted:
To my baby

A week ago today I had a secret, a knowing smile on my lips and a twinkle in my eye.
A week ago today, your baby book came in the mail and we flipped through it excitedly.
A week ago today there were so many decisions to make.
A week ago today, we laughed at your grandparent's reaction as they read your big sisters shirt.

A week ago tomorrow our world came crashing down.

TeacherBeck responded:
(((((((hugs))))))))
Becky(32) DH(39); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent
ANGEL ^DS Jackson Aug 6, 2009^
dd1 Juliet 2yrs
dd2 Josephine (baby)

michelleloehr2 replied to TeacherBeck's response:
This poem (for lack of a better word) just kinda came to me on the drive home. And I had to share it with someone. I couldn't really post it to facebook because most of our "friends" didn't even know we were pregnant let alone that we lost the baby.

In all honesty until the drive home I thought I had been coping really well. There was just this song that came on and I lost it a little. I think I'll be better as Saturday as we get past this first milestone.
Me (29), Matt (29), 01/05/10 M/C, Abby (2), 04/05/13 M/C; TTC 2

shanastash responded:
hugs to you....

often it's the songs... that lead to thoughts. often it's the certain days of the week...often it's THE shirt i was wearing... often it's the rainy autumn days...

although the feelings and tragedy behind it, i am glad that you came up with when you did. you needed it. i think lots of ladies on here needed it too. thanks for sharing. we always welcome different ways of coping.
Shana-30, Darrin-32, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR

TeacherBeck responded:
^when I lost Jackson, even when I was feeling OK and thought I was doing well, if I was alone in the car pretty much every other song made me cry my eyes out. Some days I cried all the way to and from work! I stopped listening to the radio and only kept on CDs that made me feel happier, and it wasn't until I was well into my next pregnancy a year later that I started listening to the radio again. I hope everything is going well for you and that you are finding each day easier. more (((hugs))) and ~~~gentle thoughts~~~
Becky(32) DH(39); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent
ANGEL ^DS Jackson 20wks Aug 6, 2009^
dd1 Juliet 2010
dd2 Josephine 2013

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (31) Husband (32) 2008- One beautiful daughter! Age 3 2009- 1st loss- m/c 1st trimester 2010- 2nd loss- ectopic pregnancy/emergency surgery 1st t...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful