Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Devastated, scared and needing to talk
JennRocks123 posted:
Hello all!

I am new to this community. I had a miscarriage on April 17th, 2013 when I was 8 weeks 1 day pregnant. It was traumatic to say the least. It wasn't planned but was a very pleasant surprise for my husband and I. Now that it's been 8 days since my miscarriage and my bleeding has stopped I feel like myself again, physically. I'm completely consumed with being pregnant again. Once my husband and I got a taste of having a child we realized how badly we want this and want to start trying again. I have read up on so many websites and books about miscarriages and trying again. I had an abortion 7 years ago and now am feeling like "did i miss my chance to be a mother?" I know they say that at 8 weeks they are most likely from a chromosomal abnormality, but you can't help but have this fear it's not going to happen. Every day that goes by is torture because I would give anything to be pregnant again. I guess there's not really a question in here, I just want to talk to people who have been through something similar and can give me hope. Like all of you, doctor said no reason to just keep trying and that my chances aren't high to get pregnant.She said as soon as I stop bleeding to give it a good (well and I start ovulating). I need some support! Help \

vybe77 responded:
Hi Jenn welcome to the board...I am so sorry for the reasons that bring you to us though (((hugs)))...
Going through a loss is never easy and all women go through theirs differently...I myself became unexpectedly pregnant in the summer of 2011 and lost that pregnancy 6 days later but just having that taste of being pregnant all I could think about after the loss was being pregnant again...
I wanted to write you because I wanted to assure you that although you went through an abortion this event will not stop you from having another baby...this is something I know about because I have been through two in my lifetime (and this is something I have never told this board and I hope no one will be judging)...I know that you can go on to have a healthy pregnancy because I did and I know many women who did also...
As for support we are always here for each other so welcome again!
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

ani05 responded:
So sorry for your loss! We all understand what you are going through. After a loss some ladies need to take a break from ttc(trying to concieve) but some just want to try right away.It's all up to you of course.
Just b/c you had one m/c it doesn't mean that it will happen again but it does scare you a lot. My SIL and my cousin had miscarriages(first pregnancies for both) and now they each have two children.
I hope that you'll get a BFP soon followed by a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

JennRocks123 replied to ani05's response:
Thank you for the caring words. It's comforting in knowing you are not alone. Its very hard to move forward when you're dealing with grief and then a hospital on top of you trying to get thousands of dollars out of you. This whole thing is so very overwhelming. I know my husband grieves, but in a completely different way.

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC!! Before I got preg so easy. Now my cycle is unregular. Happy & healthy 3year old should be keeping me plenty busy but I want another one soo...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.