Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TRIGGS...maybe..probly not
l8dsheena posted:
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a false positive on a pregnancy test before?
The last time I tested was friday using FMU. Definitely BFN. I always test the day before AF is due anyway, and sunday mornings are too hectic to worry about testing, so i tested in the evening. I was too tired to wait to look at it, so I just went to bed. this morning though it was a faint bfp. I've taken hundreds of wondfo tests over the years and never got a false positive before...so I tested again (FMU) with a wondfo and a cheapie I got free with some stuff I ordered, both BFN.
Any thoughts, suggestions??
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3.5 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

ani05 responded:
That has never happened to me Katie,sorry.I really really hope is a BFP.I understand your frustration though.KUP.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

l8dsheena responded:
I'm pretty convinced now that it was just a defective test. I wish it wasn't...
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3.5 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.

vybe77 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Hey girl...so sorry you had to go through this
I was trying to log on yesterday to write to you but we were having computer issues but what I think happened Hun is that you got an evap line or something of the sort...
You say you did the test and didn't bother to look at it that same night and then when you got up in the morning it had a faint line.. and that's why they recommend you looking at in within the first 5-10 mins because what can happen after that time is that a slight positive looking line sometimes appears as it completely dries and that is def. not a BFP...
The last time I tested (last month) this happened to me too..I'm the type of person to hold onto things and I do the same with preggo tests...whether they're positive or not I keep them a long time..and after a few hrs they usually end up looking faintly positive...
(((hugs))) to you for that and I'm going to hope that maybe you were still testing too early??!
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

l8dsheena replied to vybe77's response:
That's the thing, I hang on to my tests too for a day or so! I've gotten evap lines from other tests, but not this brand. Never, after taking literally hundreds of them. But I guess there's a first time for everything.
There's no chance for a BFP, I've taken tests this morning and yesterday, and I'm on CD# 31. When I was pregnant last year my test on CD# 29 clearly showed positive. and by the feel of my cervix AF is definitely due to arrive within the next day or two.

It completely ruined my day yesterday, but I'm determined not to let it ruin this day...the sun is shining, the lawn needs mowing, and I just know I can find some dirt to dig into!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Vanessa (me), married to Jade for 7 years, one 7 year old girl, and my cute bulldog Toaster. Want 1 more baby, hope God blesses us with another family...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.