Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates 5/13
ani05 posted:
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I have been planting lots of flowers this spring and I planted some more on Saturday.I know it sounds boring but for some reason it relaxes me.

My update: CD# 38,the same as last week.I have no symptoms that AF will show up but it happens like that sometimes,she just starts out of nowhere.Like always,we'll wait and see.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

l8dsheena responded:
Planting flowers doesn't sound boring...it's one of my favorite things to do I'm doing a lot of that this spring myself; gardening helps with my depression.

I'm on cd#30, waiting for AF.
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3.5 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

prayforamiracle responded:
Ani-Sending lots of good luck vibes!!! I hope she doesn't show up for a good reason!

Katie-Sending good luck vibes your way.

My update: Cycle Day #53-Waiting to ovulate. I officially stopped taking Metformin about three weeks ago. Still dealing with spotting ever once in a while, not sure if it is stress related or something worse.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

ani05 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Hey,Pray! It's so nice to hear from you.We missed you around here. Sending you lots of O vibes and hoping that spotting will stop.
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Hi ladies..sorry I'm late this week...I don't know what was happening with our computer yesterday but I simply could not log in...
Pray- So happy to hear from you this week! Here's hoping that spotting is just a side effect of coming off the Met and fingers crossed for O soon...I hope that you are happy and that you are finding peace within yourself...we miss you and I think of you often xoxo
Katie- Any more testing done or are we feeling AF coming? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too and hoping that maybe she won't show herself! xoxo
Ani- Have you discussed with you Dr. why your cycles are so long? That being said have you tested to see if maybe there's a reason to be keeping my fingers crossed for you too? I hope you get answers soon Hun xoxo
My update and it's a surprising one for me: Weekend started out normally, doing family things and lots of cooking (as usual)..I will stop my update here Ani to say that I've personally never planted flowers but my parents used to every year and I would love that time...going to the nursery to pick out our plants and flowers and other items and then planting them and making the lawn look so pretty and colorful...I think gardening is a great way to spend time and also must be very soothing..the sunshine, the birds and the flowers...makes me want to go out and do that right now!!
So ok back to update...during the night from Sat to Sun I started to spot and as soon as I saw it I thought I was preggo I thought it was IB because I figured it was too late to be O spotting (Sun was CD24) and I thought it just couldn't be AF yet...woke up Sunday morning the spotting was gone...I felt so happy..here it was Mother's day and I was getting a sign of my new pregnancy...I knew I couldn't test yet but I felt happy in my knowledge....
Later on in the day the spotting came back...still light..and it kept stopping and coming back for the rest of the day...
Yesterday CD25 it turned into CD1 and I just couldn't believe it! That was one short cycle...I know I was due for one because the last two were both long (35ish days) but this was so totally unexpected...
I am ok about the non pregnancy because I simply didn't take any time dwelling on it since I was busy worrying over why such an early cycle...
I think I might have a luteal phase defect which after reading online makes me think could be the cause of all the losses in the last 2-3 yrs...luteal phase defect is when your luteal phase is either too short or too long...I think mine is too short and that is when there is a progesterone insufficiency which causes m/c...
So instead of running to my Dr. right away I will buy myself a BBT thermometer and start taking my temps...I've never done this because I had always worked the night shift and so I didn't know when I should have been taking it...but now that I work from home that is not an issue anymore...so I'll do that so that I can see when I actually O because FF is telling me vaguely since I've never recorded all the necessary info to make a better assessment...
My goodness this is long and rambly :S
..so sorry about that I didn't intend it to be..
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

l8dsheena replied to vybe77's response:
Have you talked to your doctor about it? That would be nice if you've finally pinpointed the problem....is there a treatment for a short luteal phase?
Myself (Katie, 29) and DH(31) Praying and trying for a 4th child for 3.5 years. 1 missed m/c @ 17 weeks, D/C 3 weeks later on 5/11/12.
As Aragorn says, there's always hope.

ani05 replied to vybe77's response:
Vicky: That was a pretty short cycle,that said,I had one last year that was only 26 days so I guess it happens sometimes.Sorry though,it sucks when you have your hopes up and then AF shows.
My cycles have been 28-29 days since late last year but now I remember that every spring I have had one longer cycle.
I have talked to my Dr before b/c it would happen more often in the past and she said that I have low progesterone levels,that's why usually when I have a very long cycle I go get a progesterone shot so that AF shows up.

michelleloehr2 replied to vybe77's response:
I couldn't log on yesterday either. Maybe there were sight problems. vybe luteal phase defect is what my dr thinks might be my problem. Mine has me charting my cycle (via vaginal mucus he is very big on teaching natural family planning). He told me that if my cycles show that I have a short luteal phase that he will put me on progesterone. He said studies are mixed on if that helps prevent pregnancy loss but he said it isn't going to hurt so might as well try.

updates for me: CD 11, waiting on O anytime this week. Then hoping for chances for BD, DH is in retail and it's his store's inventory this week so he's been leaving super early and getting home super late.
Me (29), Matt (29), 01/05/10 M/C, Abby (2), 04/05/13 M/C; TTC 2

vybe77 replied to michelleloehr2's response:
Michelle- That's what I was thinking of doing (the natural family planning)..instead of going directly to see the Dr. I figure by taking my temps I can pinpoint O day and then I can figure out my luteal phase...what is getting to me since I started researching this online is that maybe the progesterone deficiency was the problem for my last pregnancy/loss and the Dr. had given me a srcript for it and I just never got around to taking them..she had also told me that there was no definitive proof that the pro would save me from m/c again...
BTW Michelle I tried to find you on FB and there are a lot of Michelle Loehr so I didn't send out a friend request...look me up!
Ani- Well at least the Dr. is aware of the situation...it's too bad though to have to go through such hardships just to get through one cycle after another...why are we so unlucky as to have to face these issues? I hope things regulate themselves and soon! xo
Let life be a journey of love
Emily, Kody, Maxim xo

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently (Nov. 1, 2010) suffered a miscarriage of what would have been my second child. I had to have a D&C done on Nov. 2nd, 2010. I am having ...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.