Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HI ladies.
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Just wanted to say Hi and hope you all are doing well.
Heather(25.5),DH Lee(26.5)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

ani05 responded:
Hey Heather!
Hope you are doing well too. We haven't heard from any of the others ladies so I hope they are doing well and maybe they have some great news.
Nothing new from me, I ovulated yesterday so keeping my fingers crossed.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

prayforamiracle responded:
Hello!!! It's been too long. My heart just broke, when I logged on and saw so little posts. I'm hoping everyone is just crazy busy right and everyone is okay. I haven't been on in a good while myself, still incredibly busy with work. I think about all of you often.

Heather-Are you officially trying again???

Ani-I have everything crossed for you!!! Sending lots of good luck vibes!!!

My update: I'm waiting to ovulate-Cycle Day #49. I haven't ovulated since January, still dealing with some spotting occasionally. I guess I can thank all the stress and stopping the Metformin for all that.
Prayforamiracle-Me(38)Dh(45)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

ani05 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Hi Pray! So happy to see you here but so sorry that you haven't ovulated since january.Hope you ovulate soon.
Ani(31),DH(32),DD(7),Furbaby(4).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
Hi Ani. FX for you yay for O'ing! I am on CD 25 and got a positive opk this morning. Better than last cycle where I didn't get a positive opk till CD59. (though last time I got a super positive on CD54 didn't O and then got another positive CD59 and actually O'd that time).

Hi Pray! So good to hear from you. Hoping you O soon. I hate long cycles! I am not officially ttc but watching the board. Maybe sometime in the next few months unless god has other plans.

Hoping everyone is doing good and enjoying summer
Heather(25.5),DH Lee(26.5)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

ani05 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
SO good to hear that you are ovulating earlier thic cycle. That's really good news.

ani05 replied to ani05's response:
Sorry I meant "this" and not "thic".lol.

haha I am good at that. So I have a feeling this cycle is similar to last other than a little shorter because I did opks again this morning and it was almost positive (also did a digi and got flashy smiles yesterday and today and the solid smiley is the one to indicate O within 48 hours which is not what I got). This happened last cycle where I got super positive opk and then didn't O, they just went back to almost positives. Then I ended up with a positive again almost a week later and finally O'd. So I am thinking this may be the same thing. bleh. So it will be between 37-42 ish day cycle. better than a 71 day cycle though. I have a regular dr appt to follow up on my annual labs and asthma and things tomorrow and then on aug 6th (BIL birthday of all days haha) I have my pap. Fun times. I think I may have a cyst on my ovary right now as I have been having a dull but irritating pain on my left ovary. It may be a small one that ruptured or one that is just twisting which can cause a similar pain. Bleh. Fingers crossed for you Ani!

It does sound similar to the last one but at least like you said is going to be a bit shorter. 37-42 is not bad considering that we have long cycles I wish mine were that short sometimes. Hopefully you get good news from your appt.,crossing my fingers that there is no cyst. My SIL had 2 big cysts surgically removed and she said that the pain became really bad.
Regarding my cycle,I have had a few symptoms but that means nothing b/c my PMS symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms.I will wait till next week to test.I'll kup.

Yay for maybe symptoms . My appt went fine. They didn't want to do an us to see if I have cysts (even the fun hemorrhagic cysts) since I have PCOS because there isn't much they can do about it. Only if the pain gets to be unbearable will they do it from the sounds of it. My pcp told me that I could go to every 3 years for paps instead of yearly. I am keeping my appt for my pap with ob/gyn (just extended it a little further out for a date) and will talk with them about it. Since my paps have been normal for the last several years but I do have a fam hx of ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers and breast cancers. So I will go off of their recommendations. Also fam hx of endometriosis and fibroids. That is something i should be watched for as well because several female family members have this (including my mom). While on bcp it helps prevent or keep it from growing but since I am doing NFP I don't have any hormones like that to keep it under raps. And since I am still pumping for my son most birth control options I can't do anyway. And it would be pointless to do something like an IUD when I would like to ttc in the next 6ish months. So I am tracking my cycles. Though I had a potential woops moment during my (questionable) ovulation. I had negative opks (clearly negative, not even the almost positive kind) and then all the sudden bam positive (the day after dtd). I wonder how much of it is related though to the cysts that I am pretty sure I have that may be in the process of rupturing. PCP says its likely cysts as well since I was very tender just to palpatatation of my abd/pelvis. Good times. So we shall see what happens. But the ob/gyn that I am seeing end of august I have worked with her on my issues many times before so she may do some follow up stuff if needed. Oh and my blood sugars are still good. no signs of diabetes still which is great.And cholesterol/triglyceride levels are stable With PCOS you have an increased chance of developing diabetes and having cholesterol issues.

I am glad that the appt went fine. Great news that the cholesterol/triglyceride and diabetes tests turned out good.I have family history of diabetes and I worry about that a lot. My ob/gyn also told me that she will do the pap test every 3 yrs instead of every year.
From what I have heard and read,cysts do influence your cycles and of course you know that better than me. Keeping my fingers crossed that your cycles will adjust and hopefully no more cysts in the future.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 and have been married for 10 years. Last year my husband and I became preggo for the first time. As a teenager my doctors told me I would m...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.