Skip to content
Trying to conceive at 34...
mamabuzz posted:
Hi all- I am 34 and my husband and I are about to start trying for #2. I was wondering how many of you are trying to conceive and you are 34+? I have a complex over having a baby at 34 and don't know if I am being irrational or if I should indeed be worried? Any advice would help!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mendezwife responded:
Hello~ I am 32 & we are trying too. I too have felt like I'm getting older I already have 2 children & my husband does too. So we are trying for one of our own. At 1st I felt too old & my time for having babies were over, but my husband really wanted a child together. We've been trying for 3 months & nothing yet. I was on the pill for 7 yrs! So I can understand....I don't think you need to worry as long as your healthy, & don't have any medical issues that would interfer with having another baby. Let God work in his ways & you will be blessed when the time is right! Good luck & best wishes!

mamabuzz replied to mendezwife's response:
Thanks!

jackkazo replied to mamabuzz's response:
Hi. I'll be 34 this November. I just had another miscarriage... one last June too. I do have a 4 year old son that I got prego with right after a miscarriage. Good luck to you!

jennijackson responded:
I am 34 and my doctor said to GO FOR IT! He gave a me a prenatal prescription and sent me on my way....
I feel the same as you though................scared/excited/anxios!

Don't worry! Enjoy every day, every ttc and your 4 year old and hubby.
I did get some advice from a friend yesterday, that her doctor gave, that our ovulation and bodies respond to stress and anxiety. So try to relax was the message. (i know it's easier said than done)

mamabuzz replied to jennijackson's response:
Thanks! We started trying this cycle so just keeping fingers crossed!!

Suzywood replied to mamabuzz's response:
Hi! I'm a whopping 38 and my Hubby is 40! I have 2 beautiful kids- a girl 16 and a boy 6 yrs old. We haven't REALLY been ttc, but we do pray for God to bless us with a beautiful, healthy baby girl (he has 2 sons from a previous marriage)!
Since April it's been fingers crossed and baby dancing as often as we can, but this is the FIRST month that I've been able to do my ovulation chart and read EVERYTHING I can on doing the bd at the right time!!
I think we got it right-at least the timing was PERFECT. Now it's just the harrowing tww to test, but I just FEEL pregnant! The truth is, God knows best, but at my age, you get used to stressing, so it's hard not to!!
Baby dust to you all!!

Cardette responded:
I know what you mean. I'm 34 as well and wonder if my age will keep me from getting preggers sooner rather than later... I got pregnant with my son as soon as I got off the pill - I mean, right away. So I'm kind of freaked out that it won't happen as fast this time b/c of my age.

ingopedia replied to Cardette's response:
Oh my, you make me feel old. I'm 40 and trying to conceive. Neither I nor my husband have any other children. I agree with a couple of you who say God knows best and at my age I don't believe I will push the issue with intervention but if it happens it's meant to be.

lovescolorado replied to Cardette's response:
Cardette - how long were you on the pill? I have been on the pill for 15 years and I am worried that might make it more difficult to become pregnant.

maura1171 replied to ingopedia's response:
I'm 39 and trying also for our first.
Any update for you ?

mamabuzz replied to maura1171's response:
We are on our 3rd cycle trying. I am now on cycle day 50 and no sign of starting, although preg tests are all negative. It is really crazy b/c I have been regular and now all of a sudden I am soooo late!

gettingready2 replied to mamabuzz's response:
Hi I turned 34 this year and we recently decided to have a baby. I have a 10 year old daughter and for a while had no interest in having another baby. I had my IUD removed last week and still feeling a bit achey from the removal. I am trying to figure out when we should start trying to get pregnant since I have no idea when I am ovulating. Good luck to all

leftcoastgirl responded:
I'm 34 as well. DD was born in 2008 when I was 32, and we're now trying for #2.
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

adie77 responded:
Sending lots and lots of baby dust to all of you ladies!! (and a little for myself too!) :-) I'll be 33 in a few weeks, my BF (36) and I are trying for our 1st. KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my story as a mother began in August of 2005 when my husband and I discovered we were expecting. Two weeks later I experienced some cramping and...More

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.