Skip to content
Ovulation Questions....ladies please help...advice??
mendezwife posted:
Hello ladies~
My husband & I have been ttc since March of this year. We keep track of my ovulation periods & spend time together....but still have not gotton pregnant. Can anyone give us any adice? I posted another discussion & a reader said to spend time w hubby BEFORE ovulation! Really? I thought you get together when your ovulating....not before. So can anyone tell me the reason or ? Bc for months now we are prolly doing it at the wrong times!!!! UGH!
Thanks in advance
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kittie_44077 responded:
The best piece of advice I can give you if you're already tracking all of the other stuff is to relax and do not stress over it. I know, easier said than done. Both times I concieved I was not focused on getting pg. Distract yourself with a new hobby or pick up from where you started with another. Best of luck!
Me 32, DH 32 trying since july 2007. m/c 9-18-10 at 11wks 3 days; m/c 6-30-10 at 6 wks. Had blood tests done, clotting issues will have to take 2 shots Heparin when get a BFP.

leftcoastgirl responded:
"Spending time together"?? That's a funny way to say it! I do hope you're using that as a euphemism, though, otherwise you'll never get preggo!

But, to answer your question, you are correct. The best time to "spend time together" is just prior to (a day or two before) ovulation.
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

cjl0510 responded:
The reason you spend time together BEFORE ovulation, is because sperm lives like 5 days I believe. And when you ovulate it is such a short window of time. So if you "spend time together" before, you already have swimmers available to catch the egg. You technically have more chances. I have heard a doctor say that if you've waited until you ovulate, you may already be too late. HTH

mendezwife replied to cjl0510's response:
Thank you all for responding! So maybe we've been missing the timing the last cpl months! UGH! But your right...we've tried to not think about it....like so what who cares....type attitude. But its very hard. We have children from previous marriages...but we just want one child between us.
We are in the military (USMC) as well...& as wonderful as hubby is.....he gets stressed w work. Iver heard that if the hubby is stressed it can alter things.....so idk.
But I greatly appreciate the comments! I was due yesterday for my period....i took a $ store test Thurs & it was neg....so maybe this month it didnt happen. But no flow as of yet....so still hoping!

Thanks ladies!

leftcoastgirl replied to mendezwife's response:
One more question for you, mendezwife! Are you temping/charting or using OPKs to determine when you're ovulating?
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

mendezwife replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
Thank you to everyone for replying! But we just found out we are pregnant! So we must of got it right this time!

reaubaby replied to mendezwife's response:
OMG Mendez! I just check in on you and saw this! I am so excited for you! Send some of that babydust my way . Congrats and H&H 9 months to you!

mendezwife replied to reaubaby's response:
Thank you!

want2bamumE replied to mendezwife's response:
hi I have a question..this time around(when you got pregnant) when did you spend time together? Before ovulation? or after you saw that you ovulated?

mendezwife replied to want2bamumE's response:
Before! When you ovulate its too late! Which we found out. I think our timing was off a lil!
My doc told me that you release an egg 14 days after you start your period. ( your full flow, not spotting) So on day 10, 12 & 13 have sex. Sperm can live inside for a lil while....then your egg is released on the 14th day. Its like the sperm is a lil taxi cab waiting for the egg to hitch a ride....then before you know it, a baby is there!
My doc said the sperm should be there waiting for our egg....if you wait till your ovulating its too late, in most cases.
Hope I explained that right! Good luck!

abmcnelis replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
thank you for this. I am new to this whole "discussions" thing and have been hunting for the answer to this same questions. Good to know it's before O and not during. I was so confused. Got the positive test that says you should o w/in 24-48 hours and I thought "ok, great, now what? when?" so...thanks!!

want2bamumE replied to mendezwife's response:
thank you soo much! that was a big help and Congratulations ^_^

mendezwife replied to want2bamumE's response:
Oh your welcome! Good luck!

rascalsmom08 replied to mendezwife's response:
I have read several other places to have sex at least 2-3 times a week every week, to cover your basis... IKR? my husband works off a week then home a week so its very hard for us...

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

Hello everyone
Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.