Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BUMMED OUT.,,,
Anon_234388 posted:
I am 25yrs old and I have always been irregular, I have been on the pill since I was like 17 or so but on and off.... I eat healthy and exercise.....Last year I stopped taking it and it took 6mo/ b4 I went to Dr. bc I was not getting my period. so Im back on it....my mother had 3 kids --no prob w, her getting pregos...my hubby and I want kids and im just bummed out that we have been together for years (6+)and nothing...If i do not take bc then I do not get my period and if i don't will i still get pregos?....what other hormones or shots can i take to be able to have a period and be able to get pregos?? Makes me wonder if I will be able to be a mommy some day :,( Thnx for listening.

Stenya responded:
Dont get too down...you situation sounds just like mine. I am also 25 years old, and was diagnosed with Polysystic Ovarian Syndrom which basicially means I dont ovulate all the time either. Maybe thats what you have? My husband and I got married last year and we have been together for 10 years...we are very anxious to start a family.

I was put on Provera to start my period, and then clomid to help me ovulate. I took an OPK test and it looks as if the clomid worked. Right now I am in the middle of my 2WW and now I have to wait until next week to see if everything worked.

Keep me posted on your progress, and all the best to you!

Patt_Mayonaise replied to Stenya's response:
Hi There!
and THNX!! my husband and i just went to the OB last week and we were referred to the infertility dept. so just waiting on their call. they are going to run all tests on us and then we'll c! Good luck to you Both!! and keep me posted as well! Really made me feel better :>

Sincerely --I have hope!

Mangos17 responded:
If you haven't already, you should make an appointment with an infertility doctor. There are many things that they can do to help you and some of them are as simple as a pill. I hope for you it works!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married at 18 to my best friend!!!! Now just trying to start a family!!!!

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.