Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
advice
19lynn80 posted:
Hi I am 31 years old and have been trying to conceive for four years. I am such a basketcase about it. Right now I am just waiting to see if my third try of IUI worked. I test in one more week. the waiting is killing me! My insurance doesnt cover any of this, so the financial burden is becoming a problem. We live in a rural community about 4 hours away from the only fertility clinic in the state. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with people, like my husbands family, that always walk up to me and say things like, when are you going to have a baby?

tinkluvsben responded:
I'm sorta in the same boat as you at least as far as trying for years... this is 5 years for us. Been charting and taking Metformin for the past year... and just started taking Fertility Blend this cycle. As far as how you deal with that question... I'm wondering that myself. Most of our family now know that I have PCOS so most have stopped asking... but I still hear it from everyone else and I get so irritated. I know I shouldn't b/c they don't know the situation but i still feel the urge to mutter under my breath and roll my eyes as I turn in the other direction although I somehow manage to keep a straight face. I think reading discussion boards and forums has helped keep me sane... knowing that other people feel the same way and are going through the exact same thing in some sort of way is comforting. Makes me feel like I'm not alone in my frustrations and that it's okay to be feeling this way. Sorry for such a long answer but your post reminded me so much of myself that I kind of went into a lil' tirade without realizing it lol. Hang in there and know that there are many people on these boards and others that u can seek for support. Lots and lots of baby dust & prayers for you and your husband. Here's to hoping we both get a BFP!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since 2011. Born 1980. TTC after D&C last July 2013. Lost the baby at 12weeks. I am a Communications and Marketing person.

Helpful Tips

Hello everyone
Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!