Skip to content
ET today...now the wait begins
dparrow posted:
Hello everyone! Had my ET today and now the 2ww begins. I have a pregnancy test scheduled for next Friday. What should I be doing in the meantime? Or not doing? Eating anything specific...doing any specific things? I'm trying not think about this and just let it happen. Any advice to get me through this next 2 weeks!!

amyb9123 responded:
Good luck! I am not sure of anything.... only that I am in my 2ww as well! I had an IUI done last Thursday, so now I wait!!! I know to increase my water intake, and eat healthy, but that is about it!!! Hope all goes well!

dparrow replied to amyb9123's response:
Good luck to you to! When is your pregnancy test scheduled? DO you feel any different?? I've been very nauseous and tired!!!

amyb9123 replied to dparrow's response:
Thanks! I have a test this Wednesday! I feel mild cramping occasionally, but that is it! My mother and my Grandmother didn't know they were preg til 3 months with their firsts, so maybe I am just following them??? I hope at least!!! I have had a little heart burn that has creeped up on me.. almost an about to puke feeling.... but I eat a tums, and it is gone!

Hope the morning sickness (also known as all day sickness) subsides a bit for you!!! The tiredness will go away too, in about 18-19 years when your baby moves out! Ha! Just kidding!!!

Good luck to you on the preg test!!! Hope it comes back positive!!! Sending positive vibes and happy thoughts your way!! Baby dust too!!!

I haven't had much cramping...just the constant nausea everytime I eat anything and feeling so tired!! I already had the heartburn stuff and it hasn't gotten any worse!! Hoping this is all good signs and that a liitle one is getting comfy!!!!

Wow...hopefully you will be like your mom and grandma and not feel anything for 3 months or so!! Although that can be kind of scary too!!

Good luck to you!!! Keep me posted!!!!

Will do!!!! And thanks for the vibes and baby dust!!!

I will keep you posted as well. My test is tomorrow! Anxious and nervous...trying not to get too excited in case this didn't work but it's hard not to be. Again sending good thoughts and baby dust your way!!! Good luck!!!!

Good luck!!!

My update.... as of right now, I am preg, but my progesterone level took a nose dive. They are retesting my tomorrow, Friday, to see if it came back at all. They told me not to change anything, but I did some research on the net, and found others like me who were taking the Crinone twice a day to boost their levels. I went ahead and did this, and hopefully that will make a difference for me!!!

Sending good thoughts and baby dust back to you!!! Hopefully we both can come back with happy posts!!!

That is good news....hopefully the test will come back good for you and all will be well!! I have my test this morning. Been taking the Crinone like I'm supposed to and hoping that it all works out!!! I'm trying to prepare for the worst and hoping for the best. Please keep me posted. I really appreciate having someone who is going through this at the same time to chat with. I wish you so much good luck and happy thoughts!!! Thanks for the happy thoughts and baby dust!!!!

Will post soon!!!

The test came back and all is good! I am pregnant, but the fertility center wants to monitor me for another week before they send me to my regular Ob/Gyne!!! My Progesterone level went from 2.47 to 6.54!!! I believe my boosting the Crinone to twice a day helped!!! We will never know for sure, but????

I so appreciate the chatting too! Not many know what we are going thru!!! Baby Dust and Pregnancy Vibes coming your way!!!

Congratulations to you!!! That is very exciting. You'll never know whether it was the crinone or just your body. I'm so very happy for you!!

Unfortunately I had my preg test on Friday and it came back negative. So, back to square one. Very disappointed and sad but it's going to be ok.

Would like to continue chatting with you if you would like. You're right...not many people know what we're going through. Happy thoughts coming your way and hoping that you have a healthy pregnancy!! Congrats to you!!!

Thanks!!! And sorry for your negative.... was hoping we'd both get positive results... But remember, everything happens for a reason, and your miracle just wanted to wait a bit more! Testing your patience already!!!! Hehehehe.... I'd love to continue chatting with you!!! Few people are willing to talk about there issues, but it helps!!!

My fertility clinic is still encouraging me to be "cautiously optimistic" but its hard not to think this is it! Positive thinking is the best kind....

May you be blessed in the next round!!!

Thank you! I was hoping we'd both have positive results too but it's ok. This is testing my patience...it's amazing how strong this has made my husband and I. It's a crazy journey that is just going to get crazier. You're right...our miracle wasn't ready yet.

I'm sure it's very hard to not get excited!!! Positive thinking is the best and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you are going to have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

I really do hope that we can keep chatting because it does help and it's nice to have someone who knows exactly what I'm going through and knows the emotions and all that.

Have a great day!!

Awesome!!! I am glad you are being positive about it! It is the only way to be with all this!!!

I know this is all new to like my parent's generation... They had trouble NOT getting pregnant!! Then to have me, who is 32 and no kid yet, they were losing hope.... But now, there is hope!

My tests all came back today with my hormone levels increasing! So, I am again relieved! I am still taking it real easy. I think that and doubling my progesterone has helped!

Thank you for our continued chats!!!

No problem! I enjoy our chats. It's nice to hear that there is hope. I hear ya on the age thing...I'm 33 and havent gotten pregnant yet. My hubby is an only child and my sister has no desire to have kids. So happy to hear your levels are increasing!! That is wonderful!!!!

I'm trying to stay positive. The doctor's office called and said I'm going to have to start my next IVF cycle next month...their lab is down until mid October so we have to wait another month which stinks.

Definitely keep me posted. I'm keeping you in my thoughts!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story starts at a very young age. I had my DS at a very young age in 92. When I next got pregnant in 97 I was so happy because I was finally with m...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.