Skip to content
Me and my hubby want a baby. I just want to make sure im doing everything right? Need help with Prenatle V's and Smokeing advice! Plz help!
dellaroes posted:
Hi everyone, im sorry if im posting in the wrong place. (First timer)

Ok so me and my hubby have desided to try and have a baby. Were so excited and happy. But im Freaking out at the same time! I just really want to make sure I give my baby the best start health wise. Ive been smokeing since I was 16 (Yes I know its horried) Ive quite so far its been two days since my last cigg and I dont plan on doing it again. But heres my worries...

Ok I was wondering how long does it take for smoke to lave the body , meaning if we were to try and have a baby tonight, will it have a chance of there being smoke/nicotine? I know my lungs are and will be destroyed for a long time but im more worried about my blood system for the baby then my lungs.

And also im taking One-A-Day's Prenatle Vititmas with DHA , are they any good?

My Ideal plan would be to be on the Vitamin for atlease a month to have the vitamins in my body for a bit then get preggers.

I just really want the best for my baby. I dont want to do anything wrong. Is this a good plan or should I watie longer Untill the smoke/nictoine clears my body?

Thanks for any advice.

Ps: sorry if my spelling is bad still learing Eglish... thanks!

mochabanana responded:
Congratulations on your decision to start trying to have a baby. I would suggest talking with your doctor about your decision and ask him/her about how long it takes to rid your body of nicotine. I would think that as long as you've quit, and you don't start back up again that your baby should be fine.

As far as the prenatal vitamins go, I can tell you that One-A-Day Prenatal are good. I took them when I was pregnant and my doctor approved. The DHA is great (as is iron), but the most important is folic acid, and One-A-Day prenatal have the recommended amount of folic acid. So your good with those. And taking them even before your pregnant is a great idea.

It sounds like your on the right track to start your baby journey, but it would be a good idea to talk with your doctor about your concerns and make sure that everything else is good.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.