Skip to content
7 years and no baby
Anon_26290 posted:
My husband and I have been married for 7 years. Since we get married we have been trying to conceive but nothing close to getting pregnant has occurred. I always get my period on time. My husband has gone to a doctor to check his sperm count and they said it was fine. I went to a doctor to see if the sperm was holding on and they said it was ok. The next thing the doctor said to do was to get an x-ray and see if I have any tear or blockage. I have not had the procedure yet I'm scared . Any other recommendations it is starting to get depressing since everyone around me has kids and their having them with no problem while I'm here not able to even have one and my marriage is also suffering not because we are blaming each other but because I feel what is the point of getting married if my dream was to be married and have kids not being married and being depressed. Any help and recommendations welcomed.

krisselou responded:
Hi Anon_26290,

Are you keeping track of your ovulation with a kit and/or your temps ect.?? The kits are fairly cheap and help a lot. If you get your period the same time each month the kits should be very easy and helpful for you. Dont let an X-Ray scare you away either. I had to have several ultra sounds and X-Rays done before my hubby and I even started trying. They are so quick, easy and painless.
Other than that if its been 7 years and your visiting your gyno on a regular basis I think its time you switch. 7 years is a really long time to be trying and not have any gyno/obgyn intervention. My hubby and I have been trying for about 6 months now and my gyno said if we hit the 10-12 month mark without any luck we have a lot of possibilities to look at. Talk to your friends and see who they use.
I hope this helps!

phoenixsong61 responded:
I can definitely understand how that would be depressing. The only advice I have ever heard people give those trying so hard to have a baby was to relax and let nature take it's course, though I know that is hard to hear and the last thing you want to do is to keep waiting. If the radiograph comes back with everything fine, maybe you could talk to your doctor to see if you have something else going on. Maybe your hormones are just out of balance enough to make it hard for a fertilized egg to implant? I hope that something gives for you soon and you guys get pregnant.

Sadness22 replied to krisselou's response:
Thank you very much for your advice move to another state and will speak to my new obgyn and to see my possibilities

Sadness22 replied to phoenixsong61's response:
Thank you

tginsel responded:
I feel for you and went through the same thing many years ago. I had blocked tubes and two surgeries after which I was only given a 10 to 15% chance to ever get pregnant. I got pregnant 7 months later with our oldest son who is now 21. I got pregnant again 3 times and kept miscarrying after that. It was my thyroid that was out of sync. After I started therapy for that, I got pregnant again right away with our second son and was able to continue through that pregnancy. He is now 13. If you haven't gotten your thyroid checked, have them do that as well, it can cause infertility issues.

Also, don't give up and have faith. I know it is hard because you want one of your own so much, but just look into other options as well if you turns out you can't conceive on your own. I do agree that you need to relax and focus on your relationship with your husband. If your relationship is good with him, it will all be easier to handle for you both. Take a trip even if it's just to a local hotel to reconnect with each other without worrying about getting pregnant. That can do wonders sometimes.

I hope everything works out for you. I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and DH have been married for a little over a year and we're both 27. I have a DD from a previous relationship, she's 7. Earlier this year...More

Helpful Tips

Hello everyone
Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.