Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
42 years old and trying to have my 1st baby
Pebbles355 posted:
I am 42 years old and started to try to conceive 3 months ago ( no success to date). I am using the ClearBlue Ovulation test sticks and have narrowed down by ovulation schedule. I am noticing that I am not experiencing a section of time where I am not either feeling the pre-menustration cramps or the ovulations symtoms..I seem to go from one right to the next - confusing ???? Let me try to explain

Example: Got my period on Nov 17th and it lasted until Nov 21. A few days afterwards I started to feel the pre-ovulation sensations. On Nov 26, I got the "smiley" face on the ovulation stick (which detected my LH surge). During the next 4 days, my husband and I were very active (Nov 26-30). Well, from Dec 1st to date I have been feeling the pre-menustration cramping (tender breasts, lower back pain, tingling sensation on the lower front right side). Period is due on or around Dec 12th.

Not sure why I do not have at least one week or so where I dont feel "any" pre-menustration cramping or pre-ovulation symptoms. Seems like my body goes from one right to the other.

Note: This is not the first month that this has happened.

Is this normal?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

Hello everyone
Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful