Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for answers/insight
blueeyebaby posted:
My name is Mary. I have been here before, back in 2008 when we werer trying to conceive our first child (and forgive me I am out of practice with the short hand). I will ask my question first and then give you a bit of back story to show my situation. Anything is helpful. I have also posted on the TTC and Clomid boards.

For those who have used clomid to conceive (and maybe had a natural conception after), could hormones still be regulating after stopping breastfeeding to keep from getting pregnant or with the hormone change after breastfeeding can I be going back to not ovulating on my own?

Back story: I found out that I wasn't ovulating on my own in 2007 and we used colmid (4 cycles) to finally conceive our son in april of 2008. After giving birth in 2009, we then conceived our daughter naturally when our son was 9 months old (my first cycle while still breastfeeding our son). Had our daughter in 2010. I got my cycle back when she was 11 months old and it was pretty regular every 5 weeks. I stopped breastfeeding our daughter when she was 16 months old. My cycle went crazy. I had a 2 week cycle and then a 8 week cycle. I have been keeping track since we are looking at adding to our family, and when checking ovulation through over the counter strips (worked great when on clomid to find when I ovulated) it seems I ovulate around week 3. I take a pregnancy test after a missed period on week 5 and it's negative but I get a positive on the ovulation strips for the next two days like I am ovulating again. Then two weeks later I get my period. (total 7 to 7.5 week cycle). It has been this way for last two cycles. ( I have had 4 periods since stopping breastfeeding back in september)

Sorry so long but here is the question again: For those who have used clomid to conceive (and maybe had a natural conception after), could my hormones still be regulating after stopping breastfeeding to keep u from getting pregnant or with the hormone change after breastfeeding can I be going back to not ovulating on my own?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a Moderator with WebMD for 7 years now, working in almost every part of the community here. I have worked with the TTC group off and...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.