Skip to content
Trying...
rispah09 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 7 months. It has yet to happen for us. I just wonder when should I seek help if we continue to get negative results? We are both in our twenties and are healthy and active. It just kills me when the pregnancy tests say negative. Ive been tracking my menstrual cycle to determine when I ovulate. And of course it seems like everyone around me is suddenly getting pregnant! Then I feel such jealousy! Im not that kind of person, and I hate feeling that way.

a_allen responded:
I'm sorry you're not pregnant yet. Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It was recommended to me by several friends, and it is amazingly helpful! http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0060937645

I can't give you advice on when you need to seek help. You'll probably feel better if you schedule an appointment with your doctor though. Good luck.

deliela999 responded:
Most doctors will say to try for a year before seeking help unless you're over 35 or have another problem. I was worried that my cycles were too short and online research pointed to it mattered when I ovulate. I had my annual coming up so I started using OPK's and found out I wasn't ovulating. I took 3 cycles worth of info to my annual with me and that was enough for my doctor to go ahead and move on. I think I was at 7 or 8 months of trying at that point. I know what you mean about everyone being pregnant! For me last year was big for that. I gained 2 nephews, 1 niece, and 6 new babies for people at work out of a group of about 30 people. It's ok to be happy for them and sad for yourself at the same time. Right now no one close to me is pregnant but I think only pregnant women go to the grocery store when I do.

blueeyebaby responded:
Typically dr say try for a year and then talk to them but it won't hurt to talk to your dr anyway and see what they say. They may want to do a blood test just to rule some stuff out and they may say to wait the year. Try tracking your cycle and your bedding. Having good records can help know what is going on and help your dr better understand your cycle since every woman is different. It does take time to get preggers and stress can make things worse. So talk to your dr and see what they say about even just a hormone test to see where you stand and/or sperm test on your hubby to make sure there are no issues there. It never hurts to ask.

Baby dust to you!!!
Mary(31), DH(31)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I never knew I wanted kids until my friends all started having them. Then I knew for sure. I had my first m/c at 24 with my boyfriend at the time who ...More

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.