Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 months tired of trying and getting frustrated every month ! Ladies please advice
babyvsoon posted:
Hi Ladies,

Me and DH happily married for 5 years but did not want a baby for first few years now since one year have been trying. Initially casually but now badly. We are 31. I have PCOS but my doc had put me on clomid for 4 months 25 mg and it gave results in terms of O and good progestrone level later. But even after 4 month of clomid and charting etc , we did not get the desired result yet , rather AF comes every month and kills all our hopes
We dont drink, smoke and i have recently quit tea also ( my fav food ).

Any advice freinds, we so badly need a child now ............

All advice / suggestions / tips would be really helpful for my disturbed soul.

Take the Poll

Do you Remember your attempts while TTC before you finally got blessed with your little dream coming true?
  • 3 month
  • 6 months
  • 9 months
  • 12 months
  • 15 months
vote
View Poll Results

blueeyebaby responded:
Just wondering if you have any insulin issues since you have pcos and if that was addressed before starting the clomid? Also have you had your tubes tested to make sure they are clear and the egg can get to the uterus ok? Was DH ever tested to make sure his counts and all were good? These are just somethings to consider since not much else is working right now. Have they done any u/s during your cycle to see what is going on? Are you seeing your OB/GYN or RE?

We tried for about 9 months with irregular cycles and no luck before I talked with my OB/GYN about it. She did blood work and right off she found that i dont' O on my own which is why I didn't have regular cycles. We used provera to start AF and then 50mg clomid. Nothing. Provera again adn up to 100mg clomid. 3 out of the 4 cycles at 100mg, I got preggers, although two angels when to heaven at 7w4d and 4w2d. The third time resulted in our beautiful little boy!! We did not have my tubes tested or DH sperm because we wanted to see what happened with the clomid first. Since I got preggers, the only issue I had was not Oing on my own so the clomid worked great. Since I only had 2 m/c, it was never addressed why since I then carried DS to term, and 18 months later, DD to term. I am once again ttc and we are just about to start a 100mg cycle (50 mg didn't work for me again this time around). All together it took us almost 18 months to conceive DS (9 on our own and about 8 with the 5 cycles total of clomid)

I wish you luck and Baby Dust!!!
Mary(31), DH(31)

babyvsoon replied to blueeyebaby's response:
Hey hon ,

Tons of thanx for reply and I m so happy to read u got preggers , positive story is such a moral booster.

I was neither tested for insulin nor tube test Yes u/s was done on day14 of my 1st round of clomid and doc showed me two follicles ready to release eggs on day 16-18 . Later I was administrated blood test for progesterone and she said it was good . After this she asked me to continue 25mg clomid for next 3 cycles and try BD with assumption that I ovulate day 16-18. This month I finished my last dose of clomid but ended with same AF

I think u have a point in getting tubes tested and DH sperm test done too. Besides I have started doing cardio to take control of pcos.

I m mad reading about positions frequency of BD and I feel so low

But I haven't lost hope and I won't

deliela999 replied to babyvsoon's response:
After 4 failed rounds of clomid and the doctor thinking I ovulated on each cycle he tested to make sure my tubes are open and tested hubby. When all came back good he passed me along to an RE. The RE also thought I ovulated on clomid based on progesterone levels, but said that probably just wasn't the right drug for my body. He went all out with femara, gonal-f injections, and novarel trigger shot. I'll find out in the next few days if this cycle was successful. When I went for my ultrasound before taking the trigger shot I had one huge follicle on each side, so hopefully that means we have a good chance. Good luck!

deliela999 replied to deliela999's response:
And the RE must have been right. I got my BFP this morning! Don't give up!

babyvsoon replied to deliela999's response:
Hey that's a great news hon !

Wish you a great motherhood ahead )))

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful