Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi! New here!
MeganL1980 posted:
Hi everyone....Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I am 31. We have one daughter, who is currently 5 1/2. I've had the Mirena IUD for 5 years and just had it out via hysteroscopy (they couldn't find the strings). After heavy bleeding initially, I had a followup appt with my doctor and I am clear for TTC now. I am a little afraid this time around because I had pre-e with our first daughter, who was born at 35 weeks, 5 days. I have also been trying to lose weight before having a second, but after speaking to my doctor, he informed me that I was placing too much pressure on myself and basically that I could begin to try to get pregnant. I haven't had a period in nearly 5 years (Just spotting) because of the Mirena hormones. So, I am a little worried about being able to conceive (even though we conceived our first daughter immediately). I am also pretty clueless about where I am at in my cycle, although I had what I think were ovulation pains two nights ago, and we BD'd. Yesterday I had what i believe to be EWCM and we BD'd yesterday as well. (TMI I know). I am just hoping for an easier pregnancy and I would like to be pregnant sooner rather than later! I am excited to meet everyone!

Megan

bltaz74 responded:
Hi Megan. I had my Mirena removed in December 2011 n have been TTC myself. I have 3 boys n last one had signs of pre-e myself.All were also born around or before 37 weeks. I had heavy bleeding for the first week then period week after. Best thing the doctor told me is to chart n kind of figure out ovulation day ( which is he said is day 12-14 of cycle ). I didnt have much for periods either while Mirena was in place. I just take it one day at a time. I wish you all the best. Baby dust your way.

MeganL1980 replied to bltaz74's response:
Have you had a period since it was removed in December? I charted my 1st period...which was probably actually the heaving bleeding...which occured about 4 days after. 2 days after I had light spotting and then I had the heavy bleeding. I have no idea when I am ovulating so its tricky. I wish you the best as well! Keep me posted!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married at 18 to my best friend!!!! Now just trying to start a family!!!!

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.