Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Totally New
An_245071 posted:
Hi... I'm Vanessa. My husband and I are just starting to try to concieve. There's so much information out there I don't even know where to start... I'd like some advice, and of course people to discuss things with.

Phoenix_23 responded:
Hi, I'm new too, my husband and I just decided to try to conceive but starting next year, but I'm kind of thinking we should try sooner. I just started looking into preparing for pregnancy and I'm anxious to start, but maybe because there is so much baby "buzz" (my cousin just had her baby in january, sis-in-law last month, another cousin is 3 months pregnant) so everyone looks at us like it's our turn, we have been together 6 years but just got married this past October. How long have you been married till you guys had the serious "baby talk"? Looking forward to talking to a "mommy hopeful"!

notgivingup2013 replied to Phoenix_23's response:
We've been married for almost two years, but the baby talk happened when we first started dating (we'd been best friends for 4 years already) I am anxious to start as well, but I'm concerned. I guess I'm kinda scared I may have done dammage to my body in the last two years... IDK.

Phoenix_23 replied to notgivingup2013's response:
Well, maybe you should go to your doctor for a check-up and make sure everything is ok and start "preparing" your body for a baby. It is scary to think about if you're body is prepared or not, especially if it's your first time, but I'm sure it will all work out.

My husband and I are hoping for a March 2013 baby, so we will see! Hope we go through this journey together, would like to have someone to talk to about all the wonders of conception and pregnancy.

Baby dust to you and all of us starting out!

notgivingup2013 replied to Phoenix_23's response:
I'm happy to talk with you... It'd be kinda nice I think to not feel like I'm the only female in the world who is ttc. It's wierd I guess.. you spend so long trying NOT to get pregnant, it's wierd to think we're finally "allowed" to... if that makes sense.

Phoenix_23 replied to notgivingup2013's response:
Yea and now there's an anxiousness to finding out if you get a BFP! Can't wait to find out!

Spotlight: Member Stories

When my hubby and I got married we both sat down and talked for a long time about "When do we want a family?" After some hours of talking ...More

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.