Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to get prego
An_245015 posted:
Hi! I am new to this community and wanted to introduce myself. I have been married for almost 6 months and we are trying to conceive. We have been trying since March and so far nothing. I know it won't happen overnight but any suggestions would help. Should I be using ovulation strips or something similar? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

briselida responded:
After 6 months of trying you should seek advise from your GYN. There are a lot of tips like charting as well as blood work testing for hormones that can help your chances instead of waiting another 6 months. I made the mistake of waiting and now I am 36. I finally talked to my dr at the age of 33, find out I did have a thyroid disease which then ended up needing surgery, radiation and medication. In between all of the testing I had no choice but to wait and now we are trying again. Don't wait too long.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my story as a mother began in August of 2005 when my husband and I discovered we were expecting. Two weeks later I experienced some cramping and...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful