Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
home ovulation tests
An_246660 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for six months and starting using an ovulation test kit at home. I used on last month and never saw a positive reading so not sure if I started it at wrong time. This month I decided to use an entire month one and for the last four days it has been positive. First of all I am super excited I got a positive, but not sure if its supposed to be like that for so many days?? I am confused and we have been having sex everyday but wondering if its a false reading? So if anyone has any info or has ever used these I would appeciate some help!

Christina42881 responded:
Hey there

You are typically fertile for a period of 4-5 days. However, when you and your husband try you should monitor all of your periods, and note the day that you start bleeding. Not just spotting or pink blood, but bright red. This is the first day of your menstrual period - track them, it matters. About 2 weeks after your first day of bleeding you will be fertile - but this could vary depending upon how regular your periods are. Use ovulation calendars online, they will give you between 4-5 days where you are considered highly fertile and likely to conceive.

Sperm can live in you for up to 5 days, so a few days before ovulation you can start trying. Good luck, I hope you conceive soon!!

jolson55 responded:
You can stop using the tests once you get a positive, and just keep in mind for the next few days you are fertile. You also should only be having sex every other day, as your husband needs to rebuild his swimmers count and every day can cut them down.

czack128 replied to jolson55's response:
Hello Ladies,

I am also using a OPK. I got a positive yesterday or what I think is a positive. So does this mean that we HAD to BD yesterday and my chances are gone or do I at least have a couple of days.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a Moderator with WebMD for 7 years now, working in almost every part of the community here. I have worked with the TTC group off and...More

Helpful Tips

i just dont know
just resently had to abort my baby because of medical issues with my body. my and my boyfriend were being careful but the condom broke now ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.