Skip to content
Please help! Drank not knowing I was pregnant!
mama2b posted:
My last period was Nov. 18th, and I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. So I went on with life as usual - had some wine at Christmas parties - much more than I EVER drink, because I'm not a big drinker.

Well, I took another test today because I couldn't shake an odd feeling, and it's positive! I would be so happy if I didn't feel so awful that I drank some wine! I feel absolutely horrible. I had about 3-4 glasses on 3 separate nights. How bad is this? I feel sick and can't think of anything but what a horrible thing I've done.

lyngo95 responded:
Relax I did the same thing with my first child. I even took a preg test the day before I went to a friends wedding and it was neg so I drank quite a bit. My doc assured me that this is very common and the baby would be fine. The baby doesn't share your blood right away I believe, so the alcohol wouldn't have a direct effect this early. Now you know and can obviously make informed decisions from here forward. Congrats to you!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I just started TTC, post vasectomy-reversal surgery. DH's vasectomy was done 9 yrs ago; reversed (Aug 2010). I've been using a ...More

Helpful Tips

Hello everyone
Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.