Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Am I pregnant? Home test neg...4 days late
triciaann70 posted:
I am 42 yrs old and have one child. My son will be 19 in August. Here I am 20 years later in a different relationship and we are trying to conceive. My midwife told me I am healthy and should have no problems conceiving. We have been trying for 4 months.

This week I was expecting my period on Wednesday and it didn't come. Friday morning it still wasn't here and being anxious I did a home test and it was neg. I waited 2 more days and today I did another test. Still neg but still no period. I plan to call my midwife in the morning but am very frustrated. My sister suggested maybe my cycle is becoming irregular. I have been spot on regular every 4th Wednesday. So it seems strange to all of a sudden be irregular by that much. I wondered if anyone else has had issues w home prego tests being wrong or did I test too soon?

Tricia

Anu06 responded:
No dear.. Pregnancy Home Test is good and convenient. Firstly you have to check your menopause stage by Menopause Test Kit.

triciaann70 replied to Anu06's response:
Anu06,

I considered menopause but think it is very unlikely that I have Premature Menopause. Other than my period being late I have no other symptoms of menopause. Up until this month my periods have been regular and on time. I don't have hot flashes or vaginal dryness. I do not have bladder irritability. I'm not moody. I don't have dry skin, sleeplessness or decreased sex drive. I have been experiencing increase fatigue and a heightened sense of smell. My period is now 8 days late and still I have a negative result on a home test. I have read many forums with women who have tested several times at home and got negative results but when their doctor did a blood test it was positive. Other reasons for a missed or late period may be stress, not eating right or exercising too much. I am not stressed and I eat right. Today when I see my midwife I will ask her if working out everyday is considered 'too much'. There may be something going on besides pregnancy but I doubt its menopause.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story starts at a very young age. I had my DS at a very young age in 92. When I next got pregnant in 97 I was so happy because I was finally with m...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.