Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    reproductive engcrinology FEEDBACK PLEASE
    Anon_23422 posted:

    We went to see Urology doctor for my husband to see if he was qualified for reversal vasectomy unfortunately one of his hoods has some blocks on the bottom and softer on the top that had sperms but it might be weak swimmers. The other side of his hood is a good one, and it has a better chance. He suggests IVF and advises me to seek reproductive engcrinology even though I am healthy from the blood lab result. I am not sure why I have to seek reproductive engcrinology and that is new to me.

    Please share your feedback and advises. I am concerned with my health insurance if it ever covers some for reproductive engcrinology and I am going to make some calls today.

    Also if any one of you go through the same steps as we are at now, how much does it cost for reproductive engcrinology and what will I expect from it for the first visit? My health insurance is Humana Gold Plus. My husband's insurance is United Healthcare.

    I do know that our insurances will not cover the IVF treatment but our budget are tight, and he is the only one that has the job. I am the self business but the money does not make it happening anytime soon. We live in Tampa, FL and if you happen to know if there is any good doctors that we can trust.

    We recently married, and I am 33 years old and he is 41, has been vasectomized since he was age of 25 with his previous marriage. It has been a long time which is why the doctor suggests IVF to save the whole struggles.

    If you know any financial advices or just anything, I know it is not that easy and simple. Thank you, I appreciated your time for reading.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am 21 years old and have been trying to get pregnant with my husband for over a year. I know I am a little young by ever since I was little I have A...More

    Helpful Tips

    Hello everyone
    Hi, I'm keita (i use to be keita28269) (i was also on clomid board, ITSG board, and Trying to Conceive after loss) and I had been trying to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    7 of 13 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.