Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
reproductive engcrinology FEEDBACK PLEASE
Anon_23422 posted:
Hello!

We went to see Urology doctor for my husband to see if he was qualified for reversal vasectomy unfortunately one of his hoods has some blocks on the bottom and softer on the top that had sperms but it might be weak swimmers. The other side of his hood is a good one, and it has a better chance. He suggests IVF and advises me to seek reproductive engcrinology even though I am healthy from the blood lab result. I am not sure why I have to seek reproductive engcrinology and that is new to me.

Please share your feedback and advises. I am concerned with my health insurance if it ever covers some for reproductive engcrinology and I am going to make some calls today.

Also if any one of you go through the same steps as we are at now, how much does it cost for reproductive engcrinology and what will I expect from it for the first visit? My health insurance is Humana Gold Plus. My husband's insurance is United Healthcare.

I do know that our insurances will not cover the IVF treatment but our budget are tight, and he is the only one that has the job. I am the self business but the money does not make it happening anytime soon. We live in Tampa, FL and if you happen to know if there is any good doctors that we can trust.

We recently married, and I am 33 years old and he is 41, has been vasectomized since he was age of 25 with his previous marriage. It has been a long time which is why the doctor suggests IVF to save the whole struggles.

If you know any financial advices or just anything, I know it is not that easy and simple. Thank you, I appreciated your time for reading.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story...My husband and I have been TTC on and off almost 10 years now. After going through many lifes trials and tribulations including breakups, e...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.