Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stopping Birth Control before finishing the pack
nessssa posted:
My husband and i recently decided to start trying to conceive. I stopped taking my birth control after the 1st week of the pack.(in hindsight i realize that was dumb) I had some bleeding for about 4 days which was light compared to my regular periods. According to my charting, my period was supposed to show up on May 28th. Its now June 1st and i still haven't gotten my period.(before birth control my periods had always been regular) I took several pregnancy tests all of which have been negative.

My question is, Have i been going about this all wrong? Do i count that light bleeding as my period?( I already had my period last month April 30th-May 5th) Do i starting counting from the last day i took the pill? Please help!

MrsBurt05 responded:
No. You don't count that first bleed after stopping the pill, even if it was at the end of the pack. That is all hormonal stuff that probably has nothing to do with your usual cycle. Just wait it out & wait for the next bleed which will probably be where you start counting. Good luck & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC 3

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and a mom of two kids. I work at a psych institution as a tech. My boy is 4 and I have a special little girl that is 8. She is not fully d...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.