Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Been ttc over 7months
Nagi08 posted:
Hi everyone, we've been ttc for well over 7months and things don't seem to be working. Some months I ovulate earlier than normal, some months not at all, or later. Have also been reading all the good news on this board and we are considering trying with Clomid. all thou am thinking since my doctor said I have a small ovarian cyst, from the disclosure of X-ray carried out. Am worried it might be the reason why things are the way they are. Last month's period was on the 9th, and we started off well 7days after and a few more days after O. Now am cramping and I spotted a bit yesterday, thinking now and feeling lost with the whole situation. Any suggestions and advice (welcomed) thank you all

MrsBurt05 responded:
Hi there! I'm sorry you're having trouble. I know this all too well. It took 8 months to conceive our 2nd(our 1st was a surprise) and we had nothing wrong that we knew of then. And in the last 2 years, we have tried actively for a total of 13 or 14 months with no results. I've been tested from PCOS to Endo just recently and nothing. He just looked at my history of hormonal birth control usage. I was never on it until after I had my 2nd son. From day one I've had trouble with my body while on it, and he thinks I'm one of those people who can't handle synthetic hormones like in birth control and it basically rewired my hormones in my body, so it's taking a while to get pregnant. But, he thinks pregnancy will cure it & if I'm not pregnant by October he wants to start a hormone therapy to kind of "reboot" my system. The only thing that I can tell you is to drink lots and lots of water...both of you! Staying hydrated helps his swimmers and your CM & ovulation process. Also, have lots of sex, but not too much. Every other day is perfect. And the one that I know is way easier said than done is to relax. Stressing about it will actually not let it happen. I get told this & I tell this to people-Some months I don't know how to practice what I preach, but relaxing about it is a big factor. Otherwise, I don't know what else can help, unless you want to buy a bunch of cheapy OPKs and test everyday of your cycle to know when your O-day is. Or register on www.fertilityfriend.com & chart if you aren't already.

Good luck & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC-10/18/11 Break from TTC-1/1/12-5/1/12 TTC part 2-5/18/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 23 and I'm still a newlywed, only been married since December. Me and my husband has been trying and failing since March. It's good to...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.