Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How late is late?
canada2010 posted:
Hello my fine TTC ladies.

I'm try not to stress out here or get my hopes up either but I am now 4 days late for AF and on CD 30 and in the 3 years I've been tracking, not charting (have been doing that for 6 months), and this is the late I've gone.
I want to test but I have read many different articles about when to test. Some say you can test as soon as you are 1 day late and others say to wait until you're at least 10 days late. And also seems as soon as I want to test or buy as test AF shows up. Right now have no signs of her showing up, but don't really feel pregnant either. It's weird really. I had no PMS symptoms until the night before AF was due and now my symptoms have seem to have died down. My breasts are achy and very sensitive, hugely fatigued, mild nausea (on & off) and moody. So I don't know what my body it telling me.
Help!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Yes, some test are different and every body and every pregnancy is different. I found out I was pregnant a week before AF was due with my 1st, and I tested from 5 days before AF was due with my 2nd, but nothing showed up on the tests until 2 days after AF was supposed to show up. I would test anyways. And if it is a BFN, just wait another couple of days and test again if still no AF. I'm the same exact way with the pee stick/AF ordeal. I swear, every time I pee on a stick, that very same evening AF comes. It never fails! Good luck!!!
Me-25 DH-28 DS-6 1/2 DS-4 1/2 TTC 3

Heather922 responded:
So how are you doing? I really hope AF stayed away!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 1 year of trying to conceive I finally was blessed with my first pregnancy!!! My son Jamie, and the little booger will be 2 on March 19th! We ...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.