Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 negative tests, late/missed period though...??
m_dose posted:
Hello all! I am 34 years old and have always had a very regular period, normal cycle, I have never missed a period (always run 28 or 29 days). My husband and I stopped using birth control 2 months ago. My last period started on 7/17. I am now several days late. I took a test on Monday evening, one Thursday, and another test this morning, all negative.

Someone mentioned that maybe I didn't ovulate... which would be a major bummer on our 1st official month trying and for trying to calculate fertility this month.

Could it be that I am pregnant even with 3 negative tests?

If I am not, how do I figure out my ovulation cycle this month?

Any advice would be appreciated!

MayanShad2012 responded:
It usually takes approx 3 months for your body to adjust to not being on the birth control. Ive been told when stopping bc that in most cases it takes that 3 months for your body to readjust and it can take up to a year to conceive....all depending on the person.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chelsea. I have a little boy, Alex Jhet. I had him Oct of 09. I am happily married to his dad since June of 11. Our previous bc was condoms...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.