Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying for Baby number 2???
wmatto83 posted:
Hey All! I figured I would post this here too. Maybe some of you are working on a 3rd child and can help me with how you dealt with the 2nd. Looking for a little advice or to vent not sure what lol! I really want to start trying for a second baby in the fall and I along with my DH have some fears! The biggest is can we afford another child??? How do you mommies do it with a second child to feed, cloth and put in daycare? The other biggie is my DS is extremely attached to me. He doesn't like when I pay attention to other children or hold another baby. Plus I do everything with him and for him and I know he loves me very much cause he constantly gives me hugs my fear is how do I divide me attention and love so that DS won't feel neglected and resent a new baby? Also my son is 15 months right now we wouldn't start trying for a couple more months. Is it easier or harder when they are close in age?
Me 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/2011 fury sons both 5

TNmama responded:
You will do great with two. Trust me, I was pregnant with number two, I was terrified and had those same fears. My oldest boy has autism. He was a handful. Then when we got him therapy he turned out to be very loving and sweet. He tells me all the time how much he loves me and loves to have special mommy time with me. That helps a lot. Take 5min to do something just with him. During those 5min praise the heck out of him! Very specific praises. "Good job" is very generic. "I like the way you colored the grass green/ stayed in the lines etc" (coloring) "You are doing a great job waiting for your turn"(playing a game) find something he likes to do that you won't have to criticize him for. If he doesn't play nice with play dough, don't do that. Trust me, special mommy time makes everything easier and keeps your relationship strong. It is amazing what, 5min of praise with you can do. Just make sure you do it every day. Make it a priority. As far as money goes taking care of the new baby, if you do your best, The Lord will provide a way. Good luck! Hope that helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my Husband and two fur babies (Roxxy 4 and Abby 2).

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.