Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 year mirena
Nikkiflo posted:
Hi I am new to this board. Would like to hear some updates and experiences with the Mirena. Here is some background information on me. I am 30 years old had my 5 year Mirena in for 4 years. I had it removed November 29, 2012. I have been TTC since December 2012. No luck yet. I should find out by Friday night if AF will come or not. I have a 8 yo daughter and a 5 yo daughter. They both were not planned and I had not problems conceiving them. I remember once I stopped using protection with both pregnancies I concieved within a couple of months. My worries are my age and the fact that I had the Mirena in for 4 years. The doctor told me that my uterus is tilted somthing that I has never been noted by previous doctors when I had my two daughter. The Doctor reported that this should not effect me getting pregnant. Now that I am TTC it feels that this Two Month Journey has been longer and somewhat stressful. My husband really wants another child, it is his first and my third. Any luck at all?? Would love to get this discussion going again. It is nice to have a support system when you are TTC. Also, heard that with the five year mirena it has harmones in it and the 10 year mirena does not. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married at 18 to my best friend now just trying to start our family!!!! We have been together for 6 1/2 years and married for 4....we have always talk...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
From an awesome anonymous poster, here is the text to use to add emoticons to your posts. : smile : or : ) = : cool : or B ) = : grin ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.