Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

5 year mirena
    Nikkiflo posted:
    Hi I am new to this board. Would like to hear some updates and experiences with the Mirena. Here is some background information on me. I am 30 years old had my 5 year Mirena in for 4 years. I had it removed November 29, 2012. I have been TTC since December 2012. No luck yet. I should find out by Friday night if AF will come or not. I have a 8 yo daughter and a 5 yo daughter. They both were not planned and I had not problems conceiving them. I remember once I stopped using protection with both pregnancies I concieved within a couple of months. My worries are my age and the fact that I had the Mirena in for 4 years. The doctor told me that my uterus is tilted somthing that I has never been noted by previous doctors when I had my two daughter. The Doctor reported that this should not effect me getting pregnant. Now that I am TTC it feels that this Two Month Journey has been longer and somewhat stressful. My husband really wants another child, it is his first and my third. Any luck at all?? Would love to get this discussion going again. It is nice to have a support system when you are TTC. Also, heard that with the five year mirena it has harmones in it and the 10 year mirena does not. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I dated my husband on and off for 5 years before we got married! We wed on February 27th, 2010... <3 My husband Eric is in the USMC and we are liv...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
    There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.