Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No ovulation after Mirena removal
sm1hro posted:
a few months after my son was born, I got the mirena. I had it in for 41/2 years. I had no issues with it, I thought it was great. No side effects, didn't have periods, it was great. Then we decided to try to have a baby so I had it removed. For about the first six months after removal, I had irregular periods. I got one every month, just not on a consistent cycle. Then my periods just stopped. I am not ovulating either. I have been using kits and nothing. Went to see my gyno and everything is coming back normal. She put me on the pill to try to induce ovulation and still nothing. We have tried that twice. Still no ovulation. I have two children from a previous marriage and got pregnant right away with both. I have had no issues in the past. We really want to have a little one. We have been trying to concieve for two years now. Has this happened to anyone else?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a volunteer NREMT-B and a stay home mother. I am currently enrolled in nursing school for emergency care.

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
From an awesome anonymous poster, here is the text to use to add emoticons to your posts. : smile : or : ) = : cool : or B ) = : grin ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.