Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting Pregnant after Mirena iud removal
missy_23 posted:
Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I have been reading alot of posts about getting pregnant right after getting there iud removed and some woman not being able to get pregnant for months or longer. I just got my iud removed 2 days ago (May 5 2014). i never had a period when i had my iud in and it was in for 3 years almost to the day.My fiance and i want to start ttc right now and i would love to get pregnant right away! i have a 3 year old boy and he is my world right now but i want to be able to give him a brother or sister and hes at a perfect age right now where he will understand that he will be a big brother an hes old enough to know to be gentle ( he has been around alot of new borns and babies) i am scared to get pregnant right away from what i have read but i also want to get pregnant as soon as i can! I LOVED being pregnant when i was pregnant with my first child and i really want to experience that again and be able to have another baby Also i dont know if i am ovulating or not but i did have spotting for less then 24 hours after getting my iud removed and me and my fiance did the deed this morning and i tilted my hips up to help the swimmers get to where they need to go ( i stayed in that position for about 7-10 minutes) can anyone give me any advice or help me figure out if i might be ovulating? and also if i should be worried if i do conceive early??

anamae responded:
Hi Missy,

I never used a IUD, so I ask you, is it normal not to have your period wile the IUD is in place?

Thank you, All the best

missy_23 replied to anamae's response:
Hi anamae,

I was told by my OBGYN when i got it that i would most likely not have a period. She told me that some woman still get there period while having an IUD in place but some woman dont. I was one that didnt through the whole time of having it in place.

I have had it out for 4 days now and still nothing, and i want to know if i might be ovulating because i really want to try for Baby #2

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello im new to this board im 29yrs old married for 3yrs nw been with hubby for 5 goin on 6yrs well we just decided to strt trying to concieve we have...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.