Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PLEASE HELP! How long for Aunt Flo to get back on her regular schedule after having the Mirena taken out??!!
missy_23 posted:
Its been almost 4 weeks now since i have had my IUD (Mirena) taken out, but i still have not gotten my period. i know i was somewhat regular bbefore getting pregnant with my son, but i was also on birth control. I havnt had a regular period since before i was pregnant with my son, my last period was April 15th 2010 so its been just over 4 years that i havnt had a regular period since i was pregnant adn then had an IUD inplace.

I was just wondering how long it might usualy take for a cycle to get back to normal? or how long it has taken some of you to get back yo your regular cycle or even to get your first period after having the IUD taken out! Both my fiance and i want to try for baby #2 but i dont know when i am ovulating since i havnt had a reg period yet! so we have been baby dancing like crazy trying just in case and i love it! I would really just like to know when i can really start trying but that wont happen until after i have my first period PLEASE HELP!!!

mspayne0809 responded:
I took my mirana out may 2nd of 2014 and I got my first period after 4years june 9th it took awhile for me to... ttc for my second one now

missy_23 replied to mspayne0809's response:
Mine finally came june 7th i got my mirena removed may 5th 2014. I am also trying for my second one as well my fiance and i were baby dancing the whole week around my ovulation time so hopfully one of his swimmers were able to fertilize my egg (sorry for TMI) Aunt Flo is actually suppose to be paying me a visit today so im hoping she decides to stay home!!

Sending baby dust your way!!

kristine403 replied to missy_23's response:
Hi there ladies, good to hear that both of you are on TTC. Let me share here with you a site I've been using to calculate my ovulation period and I can say that it helped me a lot to know when my days are safe or not. I hope this site could help you too ladies, good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, my name is Jewel. My fiancee's name is Andrew, him and I have been a happy couple for a long time and have finally decided it was time to t...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.