Skip to content
Getting pregnant with a pituitary adenoma...
kjensen15 posted:
I recently found out I have a pituitary adenoma which is pressing on my pituitary gland and causing the prolactin levels to be high in my body. Which in turns can cause my other females hormones to be almost non existent. My endocrinologist started Cabergoline which is suppose to lower the prolactin levels and even shrink the mass in there. I decided to go ahead and come off my BC as well because the doctor said it was hard to get a good picture of what was going on with my other hormones since BC can skew those too. Not to mention my BC still makes me nauseous and so does the Cabergoline. My outlook right now if we conceive we conceive if not we can say we've been trying and be able to get some fertility help sooner than later. I've only been taking the Caber for 5 weeks and will go back to the doctor next monday to find out if the medicine is working or if we need to adjust the dosage.

I was just curious if there were other people that have been through this and ended up conceieving naturally. I know there is a high likelyhood that fertility will return but still in the back of my mind I assume the worst. And the worst for me would never being able to have children. Any way just looking for some support and any personal experiences.

kjensen15 responded:
So i'm beggining to think there is no one else on these WebMD discussion boards that have been diagnosed with high prolactin levels or a pituitary adenoma....

leftcoastgirl replied to kjensen15's response:
Sorry no one has reponded to you. I don't have this health issue and, unfortunately, have no information on it at all. That said, you may want to try the other TTC boards to see if anyone there is dealing with pituitary adnoma. TTC 6 months or TTC 12 months would be good places to start.
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

mrssanchez9293 responded:
Hi,

I've known about my pituitary adenoma since I was 17 years old. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for over a year. I'm kind of getting to a point of giving up. Nothing would make me happier then to become a mother. I'd love to know more about your story and if you were able to conceive and if you have any tips. I'm kind of losing hope and would love to know if I'll ever get a chance to experience that stage in my life. Thanks a bunch.

Mrs. S!

Spotlight: Member Stories

my DH(28) and I(25) have been married 4 years and together 10 and we're ready to start trying for a family. I had a miscarriage when i was 18 at 1...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.