Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Getting pregnant with a pituitary adenoma...
    kjensen15 posted:
    I recently found out I have a pituitary adenoma which is pressing on my pituitary gland and causing the prolactin levels to be high in my body. Which in turns can cause my other females hormones to be almost non existent. My endocrinologist started Cabergoline which is suppose to lower the prolactin levels and even shrink the mass in there. I decided to go ahead and come off my BC as well because the doctor said it was hard to get a good picture of what was going on with my other hormones since BC can skew those too. Not to mention my BC still makes me nauseous and so does the Cabergoline. My outlook right now if we conceive we conceive if not we can say we've been trying and be able to get some fertility help sooner than later. I've only been taking the Caber for 5 weeks and will go back to the doctor next monday to find out if the medicine is working or if we need to adjust the dosage.

I was just curious if there were other people that have been through this and ended up conceieving naturally. I know there is a high likelyhood that fertility will return but still in the back of my mind I assume the worst. And the worst for me would never being able to have children. Any way just looking for some support and any personal experiences.

kjensen15 responded:
    So i'm beggining to think there is no one else on these WebMD discussion boards that have been diagnosed with high prolactin levels or a pituitary adenoma....

leftcoastgirl replied to kjensen15's response:
    Sorry no one has reponded to you. I don't have this health issue and, unfortunately, have no information on it at all. That said, you may want to try the other TTC boards to see if anyone there is dealing with pituitary adnoma. TTC 6 months or TTC 12 months would be good places to start.
    Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

mrssanchez9293 responded:
    Hi,

I've known about my pituitary adenoma since I was 17 years old. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for over a year. I'm kind of getting to a point of giving up. Nothing would make me happier then to become a mother. I'd love to know more about your story and if you were able to conceive and if you have any tips. I'm kind of losing hope and would love to know if I'll ever get a chance to experience that stage in my life. Thanks a bunch.

Mrs. S!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and my husband is 30. We have been trying for our first since June (2011). I've been using Clear Blue Easy Digital OPK, and the iPhone ...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
    Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.