Skip to content
I cracked like an egg at breakfast 1 day before AF
jhetsmom posted:
I feel so weak!!! Tomorrow is d day and I caved this morning. I used a cheap $.88 test from wally world. Much to my chagrin it was a BFN. Still no signs of AF yet. I do have a cold so I may just be concentrating more of those symptoms than my own cycle. We will see this weekend if AF comes. If not, i will test again with a decent test. Hopefully it all works out though.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jhetsmom responded:
Well I am now 3 days late for AF. I feel really uncomfortable. I either want to eat everything or nothing. No signs of AF on her way beside cramping this morning. I have been anxious all day and still nothing beside TMI white discharge. More than usual for myself anyway. My last pregnancy, I didnt test til almost 2 weeks late just because I didn't realize I was that late. My family does have a history with False NEG on HPT's. Thinking if it doesn't show within the week I will test again. I did test this morning but it was BFN. IF any ladies have any advice or similar stories, I would love to hear.

cnorton4 replied to jhetsmom's response:
this is me all the way right now. i'm 13 days late, but testing neg every 3 days. i'm wondering if i ovulated late, i felt like i was ovulating the day my period was SUPPOSED to start which would mean its period time right about now.. idk. i've been quite tired and my breasts have been really tender for about 2 weeks, yet i'm getting negatives. i'm scheduling an appt tomorrow but of course with a holiday week, i doubt i'll get in.

last month i was 6 days late but then my period hit pretty fiercely, so it could be that your cycle is just a little off this month.

i'm hoping for a false negative like i keep reading about online. i've read comments from TONS of women that didn't get a positive until 2 months in! wow, I hope that doesn't happen to us!

best of luck!!!

Junebuggi replied to jhetsmom's response:
Any news?? Ive been thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I hope you are!!

jhetsmom replied to Junebuggi's response:
Still no AF. No symptoms of her showing up either. My insides are all sorts of crazy today. Im now gassy, DH keeps laughing at me, got nauseus but was starving, had a rediculous urge to clean my whole house, and my back is aching. Both tests came back BFN. Now I am just waiting another few days for AF to show or will test again. Keep sending me good vibes though. I would love the 9 month AF break.

jsd09 responded:
I totally know how you feel! I have done the same thing several times myself. It is very hard to be patient when it comes to something you want to have happen so bad. The BFN is like a slap in the face when it happens no matter when you take the test.

Try not to stress about it and keep busy with other things and before you know it, it will be time to take it again and get a real result!

Good luck!!!!

jsd09 replied to cnorton4's response:
With my first pregnancy, I didn't show anything until I was 6 weeks pregnant and it was very much positive by that point..not even a question about it- it was like BOOM! your eyes are not deceiving you...you ARE pregnant, there are TWO lines lady!

Good luck to you!!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Good luck!!! Baby vibes sent your way!!

jhetsmom replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Thanks. Today makes 5 days late and I had to pee at 430 this morning so I tested and it was BFN. My last pregnancy I only tested once and it was a 5 w 6 days. I only know this cause of the dates everything happened. My family never tests positive with HPT until almost 2 months. So I am just trying to be patient but I really want to know. I think I may make my yearly appointment since I haven't had one in Jan of 2010. Any opinions?

MrsBurt05 replied to jhetsmom's response:
That would be hard to wait. I would make an appointment for your yearly and mention while making the appointment that you are late, and talk to your dr about the history with hpt testing.

cnorton4 replied to MrsBurt05's response:
oi, 15 days late and i finally start my period. so i guess i understand where those negatives were coming from for me. not sure why my body would trick me like that.

its awesome that you're familiar with your family's tendency to test neg until 2 months. best of luck!

jhetsmom replied to cnorton4's response:
Im sorry cnorton. Atleast it means a new cycle and new chance to try. What are you going to try this month for o? I am still no closer to AF. I almos threw up on a client I was massaging today. I feel horrible. Im not sure whats up at this point but I did make my yearly for Dec 1st. Hopefully it will yield some good news. If AF doesn't show by this weekend I am going to take another test.

cnorton4 replied to jhetsmom's response:
you know, i'm not sure what i'll do differently. mostly just continue to stay in tune with my body to know what is happening, and when. also, i plan to just enjoy the holiday season and not stress about baby making maybe not thinking about it as much will help, who knows! best of luck to you, i hope you do not endure the same disappointment as i did

jhetsmom replied to cnorton4's response:
I am so sorry huh. I know how tough it is to want to be so bad and not have it happen. I am now 8 days and no new symptoms. I just feel really bloated. The sea sick feeling only happens at night and the morning. I am always tired. especially mid day. I can almost fall asleep while I am working. I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative again. This would make me 5 weeks and 1 day since LMP and still no positive. DH thinks I am not pg, Im trying to convince myself that too. Whats weird is that 3 weeks ago I kicked a lot of stress to the curb. I am working 2 jobs now but that is actually a relief.

Junebuggi replied to jhetsmom's response:
Your symptoms are so much like mine but I am a little more nauseous. But I am tired as well and that sea sick is me in the morning and awful at night. I am extremely bloated and gassy. I am convinced you are!! I know Im hoping for you.

I think the evening primrose oil did it for me this month.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of four girls (20 mths - 13yrs). Over the years I have had three first trimester miscarriages. The most recent was January 2011. We will be...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.