Skip to content
uuggghhhhh
cnorton4 posted:
i'm on day 38 of my cycle with no period in sight.

that means i'm 10 days late if i were to have a "normal" 28 day cycle.

yet no BFP.

last month i was 6 days late so i keep expecting it but nothing happens. DR said it isn't abnormal for a period to be about a week late, so then what is happening now??

on projected day 2 of my period i had an exam and she said it seemed like i may be ovulating. WTF? that would mean that i'm like 2 weeks behind.

NO i'm not stressed (well not until this started happening) so i don't see why my cycle would be so off. at this point, i'm not as concerned about being pregnant as i am with knowing what is going on with my body. and then i think, well maybe my 2ww started around the time of my appointment, which would mean that i'm only about a week into the wait. which would mean in about a week i would know if i'm pregnant? but then i'd be at day 45 of my cycle.

oi, has this happened to ANYONE before?

other symptoms: i've had tender breasts for about 2 weeks (something i thought meant AF was coming). a little tired but that could be because of the changing weather (central IL here) that's about it, i don't feel pregnant really (but i wouldn't really know)

sorry for the long post, it is just rough being so late. for most women that would mean success! jump for joy! but for me it just brings hope then disappointment and makes my cycle that much harder to track..

roselee54321 responded:
dont know if this helps but i had long cycles all the time. i thought at the time it meant that because i was having a cycle, but my fertility doctor explained that i wasnt having any real cycle it was just building up slowly and sloughing off from time to time. i now seem to be doing well on a planned use of progesterone and use of clomid. Ovulation is back says the OPK. Good Luck & baby dust to you!

cnorton4 replied to roselee54321's response:
thanks, i'll take all explanations good and bad! i haven't sought out expert advice yet but i do plan to see the DR in the next week or so. i guess we'll take it from there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello all! In Sept 2010 I went off the birth control pill for the 1st time in 11 years! To my suprise I had a positive pregnancy test in october 2010....More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.