Skip to content
Cycle one of TTC #2 and OPK question
Ames624 posted:
Hello. My name is Amy and my DH and I are starting TTC #2. I have an OPK question..... I tested yesterday at like 1:30pm and it was negative but looked like it was getting close and then I tested today at about 4:30pm and the line was like super faint, barely even a line.....could I have possibly missed my ovulation time?? I didn't notice much as far as CM goes but I should probably be O around this time.... we did BD on Friday but couldn't the rest of weekend....We BD tonight....but I feel we may have missed out for this cycle. TIA for any thoughts!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Hi Amy!
Just keep testing everyday. I got the 20 day supply with free pregnancy test OPK kit (Answers) from Walmart to make sure I don't miss it at all this month! What cycle day are you on? I don't think you missed it yet. I'm using OPKs & the testing line would show up faint a few days before the actual LH surge & then the line would be darker than the control & show up right away. Even when the line is faint, you're supposed to count it as a negative. After you have a positive OPK you're supposed to ovulate within a 48 hr window. You CAN ovulate the same days as a positive OPK, though.

Good luck to you, & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Ames624 replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Thanks. I will keep testing. I plan to start up temping next cycel if we are out this cycle so that should help me to pinpoint ovulation better! Thanks! Oh and I am on CD17.

MrsBurt05 replied to Ames624's response:
Good luck!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Bunzo24 responded:
Ames I had a similar problem last month...for two days my OPK gave an "almost" line and then all of a sudden it was faint and then no line at all! I never actually got the dark, dark line. I had just gotten off BCP the month before so I was thinking maybe I ovulated earlier in the month and didn't know it and that maybe that's what threw my reading off.

ANyway, it's good to know similar things have happened to others:)

Ames624 replied to Bunzo24's response:
I'm sort of thinking that's what happened with me except I think that I just happened to miss that window when it would be positive.... I had a really long AF this month so I think that threw me off too. Well it's cycle one so I suppose it was just hard to get back into that TTC mind frame! GL to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, my name is Jewel. My fiancee's name is Andrew, him and I have been a happy couple for a long time and have finally decided it was time to t...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.