Cycle one of TTC #2 and OPK question
Ames624 posted:
Hello. My name is Amy and my DH and I are starting TTC #2. I have an OPK question..... I tested yesterday at like 1:30pm and it was negative but looked like it was getting close and then I tested today at about 4:30pm and the line was like super faint, barely even a line.....could I have possibly missed my ovulation time?? I didn't notice much as far as CM goes but I should probably be O around this time.... we did BD on Friday but couldn't the rest of weekend....We BD tonight....but I feel we may have missed out for this cycle. TIA for any thoughts!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Hi Amy!
Just keep testing everyday. I got the 20 day supply with free pregnancy test OPK kit (Answers) from Walmart to make sure I don't miss it at all this month! What cycle day are you on? I don't think you missed it yet. I'm using OPKs & the testing line would show up faint a few days before the actual LH surge & then the line would be darker than the control & show up right away. Even when the line is faint, you're supposed to count it as a negative. After you have a positive OPK you're supposed to ovulate within a 48 hr window. You CAN ovulate the same days as a positive OPK, though.

Good luck to you, & baby dust!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Ames624 replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Thanks. I will keep testing. I plan to start up temping next cycel if we are out this cycle so that should help me to pinpoint ovulation better! Thanks! Oh and I am on CD17.

MrsBurt05 replied to Ames624's response:
Good luck!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Bunzo24 responded:
Ames I had a similar problem last month...for two days my OPK gave an "almost" line and then all of a sudden it was faint and then no line at all! I never actually got the dark, dark line. I had just gotten off BCP the month before so I was thinking maybe I ovulated earlier in the month and didn't know it and that maybe that's what threw my reading off.

ANyway, it's good to know similar things have happened to others:)

Ames624 replied to Bunzo24's response:
I'm sort of thinking that's what happened with me except I think that I just happened to miss that window when it would be positive.... I had a really long AF this month so I think that threw me off too. Well it's cycle one so I suppose it was just hard to get back into that TTC mind frame! GL to you!