Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused. Please help
Baby4Me2012 posted:
Utterly confused. I use OPK s (internet purchased- wondfo), and according to the test strip I ovulated December 11th. AF was due the 16th. I have been charting my ovulation for a couple of months using OPKs and last month the OPK was positive and my period came 3 days later. I figured I had a LP issue, and read that B Vitamins can help with that so I started taking a prenatal that includes b vitamins, and this month, it's been 11dpo and no AF. I thought that my LP increased because it the B Vitamins but to go from a 3 day LP to at least 11 days, from just 3 weeks of B vitamins sounds a little more than amazing. So I figured I might be prego, and I tested multiple times this week for a BFP, but all I have been getting are BFN. I even bought FRER and that is also a BFN. Then I read that you can test with OPK, although it's obviously not the same as a HPT, and I have a BFP on the OPKs. What gives? 2 days ago I had a BFN on my OPKs and HPTs, and today, BFP on the OPK, but still BFN on the HPT. Should I try a blood test? A different HPT, like a blue dye kind? Should I wait a few more days then re-test with a HPT? I have been wondering what's happening since I can't ovulate 2 times in one cycle. But that is what is coming up in my OPK, since today its positive.
So Confused.
Some of my symptoms included having a metallic taste in my mouth last week. Really intense, even while drinking water. But I figured that it could be because of my sudden Prenatal intake (3 weeks now) and I was also on Antibiotics for a throat infection… 3 days of antibiotics. This week, no more metallic taste. I had one day, when I felt an overwhelming surge of nausea, right when I was going to get lunch and the smells sort of brought that on, but I pushed through, and was able to order, and eat lunch.
I have also been having some mild cramping in my pelvic area, right side mostly, but also on the left. Worse at night, but pretty constant through the day. It feels like pressure sometimes and tightness, like I need to stretch or something. Then I have a mild cramp like I would before my period comes, but not nearly as painful. I also occasionally have sharp sudden stabbing like pain in my vagina, that comes and goes really quickly. Hurts for an instant, then gone.
Also, unable to sleep through the night, more dreams this week than last month total I feel like. Hard to fall back to sleep after waking from a dream. And increased discharge, almost like I have my period, so I run to the bathroom to check, and it's only this creamy/clear liquid. Not string-y, just creamy and very wet and warm. This is all day long and everyday since maybe last week Saturday Dec 17th.
Lastly I have not had sore breast at all this cycle. Not even a little, which usually happens before my period comes.

Lizgordon responded:
Your case sounds like mine, I stared ovulating some time around Dec. 11 and stared getting the same symptoms as you except the breast pain/tenderness like 5 days ago, but I did the blood test and it become negative, so I'm confuse and anxious for my period due date, since the nurse gave me some hopes by telling that it was too early for the test, because I may not be releasing enough hCG, so I have to wait until next week, if I don't get my period by Thurs at the very latest I will do the test again.

Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kimberly Byrd. I married on Feb 24th 2011 to my highschool sweetheart and soulmate. My husband and I are young, 19 year old, but we are mor...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.