Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Funny things
Evalyne posted:
Just had to share this with my fellow ttc-ers.

This is our 2nd month on ttc. My ovulation was last week.

So my husband asks me Christmas eve if I have taken a test lately (hpt). I told him no it wasn't time yet i still had another week. His response was "You mean you can't tell like 24 hours after it happens?"

Facepalm big time! It took me a few minutes to stop laughing to tell him no i could not it takes a while for the implantation to accrue.

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Lol...how we wish we can tell only 24 hours after! I so want to be able to tell as soon as the egg is fertilized.

I don't think the men can handle all of the details of "ttc." I actually told DH that it would be a good time to bd since I was ovulating that day...let's just say I didn't get the results I wanted. I'm never telling him I'm ovulating again!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Oh, if only it were that easy!!! Haha!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Evalyne replied to MrsBurt05's response:
I know right!

But as BeautiflyBlessed said men can't handle the ins and outs of TTC details. DH is at least asking questions now...why are u taking your temp in the morning...whats that app do.

Last month i didn't tell DH i was ovulating but tried to jazz it up. I got ignored

So this month I used opt and sent him and email at work, texted him then called him "Flower day!" so he was aware this time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and my boyfriend is 22 we started talking about having a baby last year but have been trying in some form or another since may or june, Sep...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.