Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How can I inexpensively track when I ovulate?
Aud_B posted:
My DH and I have just started out on our TTC journey. We are trying to just let nature take it's course, not stress and let it happen naturally. I was just wondering if there was a inexpensive way to try to track when I am ovulating? I have been taking my Basal temp. but I don't wake up at the same time every day so it's not accurate. Any suggestions would be great! I had an IUD in for almost 3 years and just had it out on the 22nd. I'm excited about starting a family but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on ovulation kits, because I think I would become a slave to the tests, stress about it and that can't be good for me or a baby either.

Good Luck and Baby Dust to everyone!!!!!

MrsBurt05 responded:
Go to www.fertilityfriend.com I use that site to chart, and it gives you step by step instructions and information on how to do it properly. I believe it also has a tutorial thing on how to chart your temps if you don't wake up the same time everyday. I've seen charts on there where they temp, but not at the same time everyday, so I'm sure there's something. Also, this month, I purchased an OPK kit with a free pregnancy test for like $14. It has 20 OPKs & 1 Preg test. I thought for $14 that was a great deal, because it's usually that price for just 7 and no preg test. The brand is Answer (or Answers). Otherwise, you just gotta let nature take it's course. If you want to be fool-proof. BD every other day for the entire month!!

Good luck to you!!! Baby dust!!!
Me-25 DH-27 DS-6 DS-4 TTC-10/18/11

Capriciousangel31 responded:
you should check out the book what to expect before you're expecting... it has a great section on what signs to look for in your body to pinpoint your ovulation without having to do tests or keep track of temps.
Baby dust to you

jen958 responded:
Trying searching for "The Billings Method" on the web. It's a natural way to track your fertility using cervical mucus changes and sensation at the vulva. I read it and I'm going to start using the charting system for my next cycle. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 17 years old (18 in April) and my fiancé and I are trying for a baby... my menstrual irregularities and absences are proving to be a bigger hi...More

Helpful Tips

Have trouble keeping track of your cycles?
There is a free Iphone App called Period Tracker Lite that has really helped me keeo track of my cycles, ovulation and symptoms. More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.