Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First time- JSO- need tips
kellinkenton posted:
Hello- my husband and I have just recently started trying and I have used the tool on here for the ovulation calendar and calculator. Earlier this week i was supposed to have my period, but I havent yet. I had some spotting earlier this week- like the day before I was due for my period- which I have had in the past and my period came a couple days later. According to the last few months on the calendar, I have been dead on for getting it. My last period- only lasted 2 days and that was it- usually it lasts for 4-5. I have felt sort of queasy the last few days, and at one point my nipples were very sensitive for about a week. Other then that I havent really felt any different. My nurse said to wait until next week to take a test. Just wondering if anyone else has had something similar to this and what their outcome was. Thanks!!

Heather922 responded:
Hi there! I'm pretty much right on with their calendar too. Last month I had very similar experience, but no spotting. When my period was a day late I took a home test and it was negative, and what do you know it started a matter of hours later. I think I was too stressed. I hope you have a different outcome though!

kellinkenton replied to Heather922's response:
Hi Heather- I waited until Sunday and I took a test and it was positive and I did another one this monring and it was positive as well. So hopefully your next month will be great for you!

Zaysmama replied to kellinkenton's response:
congrats kellinkenton... I 2 had a bfp on sunday... hope to see you on the first tri board...
Heather, keep trying and stay relaxed, you will be blessed!
-baby dust to you!
the most wasted of days are those without laughter

BeautifullyBlessed replied to Zaysmama's response:
Congrats ladies!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got a BFP! We are pregnant with our first!!!

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.