Skip to content
We are excited to start a family, but I have a few questions...
glenntoni posted:
Hi All!

My dh and I just started ttc, we are excited to start a family. I have two questions:

* First Question: I'm not sure if this is an old wives tale. After doing the bd, should you elevate your pelvis to help with conceive?

* Second Question: I started spotting the day after doing the bd, is this normal?

I look forward to reading your replies/advice!!

Zaysmama responded:
hey there glenntoni, welcome to ttc...

your first question is more of an opinion question, some people believe it while others really dont. I just got my BFP after 4months ttc and the only things that changed this month were that I did elevate after bd and we relaxed and really didn't even have time to think about ttc so relaxing is key as well!...

the second question doesn't really have a definite answer either, everyone is different. if it continues to happy everytime after bd you may want to see a dr or take it a little easier.

The best advice I can give it to not stress over every little detail. When you are able to bd without thinking about ttc everytime, thats when you will be blessed, but remember God has a plan for everyone so if it doesn't happen right away, don't give up, just stay strong and have faith that everything happens for a reason!

baby dust to you and hope to see you soon on the first tri board!
the most wasted of days are those without laughter

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 and my husband is 29. We have a daughter who is almost 7. My first pregnancy was unplanned. I was almost 3 months pregnant before I found out....More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin Deficiencies Lead to infertility
Having trouble concieveing?? Next time you are st your doctors office ask for a blood draw to check your vitamin levels. Low amounts of ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.