Skip to content
Not so much about TTC but...(TRIGS)
jhetsmom posted:
I just really need to get some things cleared out of my mind at the moment because I feel if I dont, I am going to explode. I have bipolar disorder and this my be affecting some of my thought process but I just need to feel like I am not the only one thinking these things.

1- Some days I would rather strangle my mom than talk to her. I called this morning about our plans for the day and it turned into me fending her off because she feels that she is allowed to say whatever she wants to me without me getting my feelings hurt because she is "joking". Normally I would let this kind of thing roll off but lately, even after I ask her to stop poking fun at me about my weight, or stress, or life, she tells me I am oversensitive and continues. I thought I was doing the adult thing by telling her that I know she is joking but it still hurts and that I would feel better about it if she was a little less joking about my self esteem. The conversation ended with her telling me that she was sorry for how I take things and I hung up.

2- My 2 year old DS doesn't think I am "Mommy" anymore and refuses to call me so. He calls me by my actual name which is fine, except when I am trying to discipline him and he tells me "NO, chelsea!" and those around me laugh at him saying this. It feels like I am being undermined because it needs to be taken serious when I am trying to reprimand him. It turns into a joke and I get frustrated because these are people that are supposed to be backing my parenting up like my mom, DH, and my sister.

3- While DH and I are TTC #2, I am floored to be on these forums reading about women, with no job, insurance nor stable relationship asking for advice on how to go about conceiving. What is even more disturbing is how uneducated these women are. My opinion, which is by no means factual or to be taken personally, is unless you can spell pregnant and conceive, you shouldn't be actively trying. Further more, If you are so dim to think that you can conceive without ovulation, having sex, or don't understand how an actual cycle works, you shouldn't be trying to have a baby. I am proud of the women that have overcome all odds to provide support for their children in circumstances where they are left with no work, no support, no insurance, and no help. But my gosh, why would you intentionally bring a life into this world with no means to financially support it. It makes me sick to see couples that have spent their whole lives preparing to be parents, going through school, working their butts off, saving and planning to bring a child into this world so that they may have a bright future and know, they can't conceive naturally, and on the other hand hear from people on the street about trying to have another baby so that they can get more state assistance.
DS wasn't planned, his father and I were only together for 2 months when I got pregnant. I am not proud of this. I wouldn't change my life for the world but we worked hard to get where our family is at today. We both worked while I went to scholl we paid our debt and struggled. We fought tooth and nail to be in a place where we provide for our DS 100%. Some months are harder than others, but make it through. And for someone to approach me with the idea of having a child for financial gain is disgusting. Or to do it for selfish reasons like they just want someone to love them or think that a baby will fix a broken relationship or even entrapment, makes me absolutely sick.

I hope no one takes this personally and I know that every situation has their own circumstances so this isn't really speaking to any one individual. I just pray that people give more consideration to that fact that TTC means bringing a life into this world because you have the love, time, and support that being needs to develope into a contributing member of humanity.

Anon_2996 responded:
In response to #2, try this some time when DS is not in trouble. A friend of mine said her son tried calling her by her first name for a while, and she told him ...

"Everyone can call me <her first name>, but only you can call me Mommy."

That makes calling you Mommy special.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 22 years old and I married the love of my life and best friend on Valentines day of 2010. He is the most caring and crazy individual you will ...More

Helpful Tips

Acronyms and Lingo
Here are some of the acronyms used TTC-trying to conceive BFN-big fat negative BFP-big fat positive DDO-days past ovulation BCP-birth ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.